Arabesque Afternoon Tea at Al Jalsa Lounge | Sharq Village & Spa

The Sharq Village Hotel & Spa Resort is one of those rare places in Doha where you will witness authentic Arabian design featuring first-class experiences. An afternoon at Al Jalsa taking a bite of the chef’s specials, or sipping your favorite brew is a very relaxing experience. I was on a visit to try the afternoon tea being served at Al Jalsa, and it was a very enjoyable experience. I opted to go for my tea at around 3:30 pm, and was welcomed by a very friendly waiter who showed me to my seat. To put my feelings into words this is what it feels like, stepping into Al Jalsa feels like being amidst high ceilings and plush interiors fit for Arabian Nights.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-arabian-nights-interiors

As soon as we sat, a welcome drink, and cold towel was placed before us.

The welcome drink was refreshing, and drool worthy. When I asked what it was, I was told it was the chef’s special for us – A delicious mix of Chamomile, Passion Fruit, and Sparkling water.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-welcome

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-welcome-drink

The menu was then brought forth before us – There were two kinds of Afternoon Tea on the menu – the royal afternoon tea and the Oriental Afternoon Tea. The displays of both were very similar except that the kind of food placed on both was the one that made for the difference. Priced at 135 QAR per person it is one place that produces variety on the afternoon menu. I liked how they have come up with a menu that embraces the basics of the Traditional English Afternoon tea with arabic delights. Obviously you can see me favoring the Arabic food, you see I fall for Arabic dishes quite easily.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-oriental

Not that am saying the other menu isn’t delicious. It is equally commendable.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-royal

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-delicious-scones

The scones, and the cream were just amazing – I really loved it.

As for teas, I paired mine with Chamomile Breeze which is a subtle combination of Hibiscus, chamomile, mint, rose hip, lemon grass, and peeled orange. Mr M paired his with Free Mind which was another delectable mix of Melissa, Blackberry, Chamomile, lavender, peppermint, lemon grass, and rose petals.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-chamomile-tea

When I had asked the waiters what they recommended one of them suggested to go for their cappuccino. So when I was done dining that’s what I did; And this was what I got!

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-cappuccino

Isn’t that enough to have me leaving my afternoon tea with a smile?

I was invited as a guest to review the Afternoon Tea at Al Jalsa Lounge.

Al Jalsa - Sharq Village & Spa Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

• Qatar Eats
    July 28, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Oooh, must try this. Your pics made me crave for scones with clotted cream and jam😮

July 28, 2016 at 4:11 pm

You should try them especially their welcome drink. That was so good!

• Jishma
    July 28, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Seriously , those pictures are making me drool …. Aweome

• Tami Tales
    July 28, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Looks awesome! I’m craving for some scones now.

July 28, 2016 at 5:05 pm

We can have them at Lobby Lounge together 😛

July 28, 2016 at 5:14 pm

You afternoon tea posts are so good! Pictures remind of a beautiful dreamy tea party!

July 28, 2016 at 9:51 pm

• manju
    July 28, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Looks like this a perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy tea…

• Noemi of Pinay Flying High
    July 28, 2016 at 11:01 pm

I will never forget Al Jalsa Lounge, it was the very first hotel that I’ve seen in Doha and the very first lounge I’ve tried as well. I was still a Dubai-based blogger then when they invited me over. 🙂

July 29, 2016 at 12:08 am

Memories are the best! That’s all you really take with you wherever you go 🙂

Check this out

Check this out

Have you ever stepped into a hotel and felt like this is just exactly who I am? If so, where did you feel that way?
For me, I felt it @alrayyan.hotel.doha from the @curiocollection !
.How fab is this sunset?
Curious where it is?
40 minutes away from Al Rayyan hotel is the Zekreet Beach. This was a sunset we caught during our stay at Al Rayyan Hotel.
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #passionpassport #travelandlife #darlingescapes
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#redsky #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #zekreet #luxelife
Getting those night pictures right isn't easy.
But then I think this came out just right. What do you think?The night view from my room at the @westindubaiAHC
Shot with @fujifilmme X-A3
⭐ #visitdubai 🌍#Dubai #DubaiBloggers
#قطر #دبي
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #fujifilmme #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #lovetheworld
#travellingtheworld
#westindubaiAHC
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #5star #dubaihotels #westinhotels #westin  #hotellife #unitedarabemirates
"Always be a mermaid ! "
Have you been to any hotel in the @curiocollection ?
Here's a post
✴️Reminiscing about the wonderful time I had at @alrayyan.hotel.doha this weekend
✴️On another note, Summer's almost here and spending it by the pool is a good idea , isn't it? The one at @alrayyan.hotel.doha is amazing! ✴️Did you know that AlRayyan Hotel is the first of the @Curiocollection Hotel in the Middle East ?
I really enjoyed my time at the hotel... Wait for my entire experience coming soon on the blog .
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #hotellife #luxelife
Sugarcane juice or coconut water? 🌴
Which one would you pick?
Do you like to stop by the street and try out the local fruits and vegetables? Are you that person?
⭐ #IncredibleIndia #gltlove #globelletravels
🌍#travelandlife #tlasia #SouthIndia #IndiaTourism
#GoKerala
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ==========================
#femmetravel #coupletravel #traveltheworld #lonelyplanettraveller
#abmtravelbug  #fodorsonthego #traveladdict #tlpicks #sidewalkerdaily #halaltourism  #natgeotravel
#godsowncountry
#lovetheworld
#intravelist
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter #iexplore
Blue skies and endless greens - view from the top of Sigiriya
Have you been to a UNESCO heritage site ? What was your fave one? .
⭐ #visitsrilanka 🌍#srilanka #sigiriya 📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#iamatraveler
#femmetravel
#globelletravels #intravelist #inspravel #iexplore #likeamountaingirl
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter
"Can I go back here already?" @oryxrotana
I cannot recommend the hospitality of the staff here enough 👌👌
When you book with Club Rotana, your rooms are bigger than normal, check in is from the Executive Lounge, and you get access to the Club Rotana Lounge throughout your stay.
So glad to see that Club Rotana is now in Doha
Have you stayed at oryx Rotana or any other Rotana Hotels? .
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #clubrotana #oryxrotana  #hotellife #luxelife
Beautiful Art set in a Raw Space and the perfect sunset in the background.
My previous pics were a most obvious art and now this one is more conceptual. The more you look at it the more it says. What art do you like ?
Taking place in the 29th floor of the @wdoha START Doha exhibits works of nine artists either from or living in Qatar
It's going to be around from March 11-14th 9 am - 9 pm .
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#NYTAFT #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #NYTArt #NYTArtfortomorrow #wdoha #artfortomorrow #saatchigallery
Happy Friday Folks ! 😊😊
These paintings that have a three dimensional effect are so impressive.
I love art, culture, and anything inspiring. I was fortunate enough to get to see these paintings being done live. What about you?
Did you get a chance to check it out? This was from @citywalkdubai - an initiative of @branddubai
On another note new blog post published, link in bio 🤗🤗
⭐ #visitdubai 🌍 #Dubai #DubaiCanvas #CityWalkDubai
#قطر #دبي
📷#QatarBloggers #DubaiBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#DubaiCanvasatCityWalk #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #wandeleurspark #thehappynow #thatsdarling #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #ilovedubai
#theartofslowliving