Arabesque Afternoon Tea at Al Jalsa Lounge | Sharq Village & Spa

The Sharq Village Hotel & Spa Resort is one of those rare places in Doha where you will witness authentic Arabian design featuring first-class experiences. An afternoon at Al Jalsa taking a bite of the chef’s specials, or sipping your favorite brew is a very relaxing experience. I was on a visit to try the afternoon tea being served at Al Jalsa, and it was a very enjoyable experience. I opted to go for my tea at around 3:30 pm, and was welcomed by a very friendly waiter who showed me to my seat. To put my feelings into words this is what it feels like, stepping into Al Jalsa feels like being amidst high ceilings and plush interiors fit for Arabian Nights.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-arabian-nights-interiors

As soon as we sat, a welcome drink, and cold towel was placed before us.

The welcome drink was refreshing, and drool worthy. When I asked what it was, I was told it was the chef’s special for us – A delicious mix of Chamomile, Passion Fruit, and Sparkling water.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-welcome

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-welcome-drink

The menu was then brought forth before us – There were two kinds of Afternoon Tea on the menu – the royal afternoon tea and the Oriental Afternoon Tea. The displays of both were very similar except that the kind of food placed on both was the one that made for the difference. Priced at 135 QAR per person it is one place that produces variety on the afternoon menu. I liked how they have come up with a menu that embraces the basics of the Traditional English Afternoon tea with arabic delights. Obviously you can see me favoring the Arabic food, you see I fall for Arabic dishes quite easily.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-oriental

Not that am saying the other menu isn’t delicious. It is equally commendable.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-royal

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-delicious-scones

The scones, and the cream were just amazing – I really loved it.

As for teas, I paired mine with Chamomile Breeze which is a subtle combination of Hibiscus, chamomile, mint, rose hip, lemon grass, and peeled orange. Mr M paired his with Free Mind which was another delectable mix of Melissa, Blackberry, Chamomile, lavender, peppermint, lemon grass, and rose petals.

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-chamomile-tea

When I had asked the waiters what they recommended one of them suggested to go for their cappuccino. So when I was done dining that’s what I did; And this was what I got!

afternoon-tea-aljalsa-sharq-resort-cappuccino

Isn’t that enough to have me leaving my afternoon tea with a smile?

I was invited as a guest to review the Afternoon Tea at Al Jalsa Lounge.

Al Jalsa - Sharq Village & Spa Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

• Qatar Eats
    July 28, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Oooh, must try this. Your pics made me crave for scones with clotted cream and jam😮

July 28, 2016 at 4:11 pm

You should try them especially their welcome drink. That was so good!

• Jishma
    July 28, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Seriously , those pictures are making me drool …. Aweome

• Tami Tales
    July 28, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Looks awesome! I’m craving for some scones now.

July 28, 2016 at 5:05 pm

We can have them at Lobby Lounge together 😛

July 28, 2016 at 5:14 pm

You afternoon tea posts are so good! Pictures remind of a beautiful dreamy tea party!

July 28, 2016 at 9:51 pm

• manju
    July 28, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Looks like this a perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy tea…

• Noemi of Pinay Flying High
    July 28, 2016 at 11:01 pm

I will never forget Al Jalsa Lounge, it was the very first hotel that I’ve seen in Doha and the very first lounge I’ve tried as well. I was still a Dubai-based blogger then when they invited me over. 🙂

July 29, 2016 at 12:08 am

Memories are the best! That’s all you really take with you wherever you go 🙂

The wind was strong, the water wild, but there was peace as we watched the sun go down.
Peace that only nature could provide with.
And, it was the most relaxing scene to watch.
A beautiful experience for me.
@experienceskopje @ohrid_macedonia
.#skopje #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces
#skopjecity #strumica #ohridcity #easterneurope #sightseeing #balkan #balkans #ancientcityofohrid #october #forbestravelguide
Just realised I cropped out the previous video 🤣
NEW VLOG
Featuring a glimpse of @dhigalimaldives
Would you go?Edited by @ah.films
.🛑
LIMITLESS SKIES
Pushing myself to do better everyday is one thing I have always done for myself.
I have believed that the only limit you have around is dependent on what you place yourself in.
How beautiful is this view? From an excursion taken during my stay in the @sholacrownmunnar
.  #bloggersofinstagram #earthfocus #nature_perfection # #natureaddict #welivetoexplore #planetdiscovery #unlimitedplanet #nature_obsession #naturephoto #flashesofdelight #darlingmovement #abmlifeissweet #enjoythelittlethings #passportexpress #tasteintravel #passionpassport #roamtheplanet #exploringtheglobe #worlderlust #liveauthentic #exploretocreate #stayandwander #theglobewanderer #forahappymoment #travelersnotebook #darlingescapes #girlsthatwander  #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers
L A S T  W E E K E N D
Cant believe a week passed away since I was standing here staring at this view. Wondering where this view is from?
The one and only @ritzcarltondoha .
#rcmemories #ritzcarltondoha #ritzcarlton #visitqatar #doha #myqatar #seemydoha #iloveqatar #weloveqatar #momentslikethese #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #myunicornlife #inspiremyinstagram
N E W  P H O N E  C O V E R @caseartsI love colors, painting, art, and so many things. I am sure I cant make a list of what I like here because its never ending. I have been following @inkstruckstudio 's beautiful artworks and blog.
She has a free downloadable wallpaper up on her blog every month. Very pretty ones!
And, I fell in love with the one in October like every other work of hers.
When @casearts came to me - (they give you printed mobile cover designs of your choice.)
I had no idea what I wanted as my mobile cover.
And, then when I saw Zakkiya's wallpaper I decided that this wallpaper would look pretty as my phone cover. I loved how it turned out.
Thank you @casearts for this mobile cover.
And, thanks Zakiyya for sharing your beauriful artwork with us every other day.
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #mobilecover #customizedmobilecover #artwork #rcmemories #ritzcarltonhotels #ritzcarltondoha #flatlay #acolorstory #myunicornlife #stylemacarons #stylehunters #passionpassport #madeinqatar #supportlocal
P E A R L S
Who would believe if they saw these pearls crafted to perfection were actually chocolates? Until I had a bite of it and saw it for myself, i was just amazed.
These welcome amenities from @ritzcarltondoha kept me staring at its beauty for a while before I could take a bite out of it. What beauty! Such incredible skills 😍😍
#rcmemories #ritzcarltondoha #ritzcarlton #visitqatar #doha #pearl #necklace #chocolate #momentslikethese #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #myunicornlife #inspiremyinstagram
K A N D O L H U  V L O G
Never done a vlog before but I think its about time you get an insight into my experiences with more than just words.
These were shots I took in the @kandolhu Maldives with absolutely no plans of creating a vlog. However, since I came across a creative videographer @ah.films who put it together brilliantly, I thought this had to come online. I hope you enjoy watching it and let me know your thoughts . 💗💗 .
#qatarblogger #whitesand #beachlife #qatarvlogger #travelblogger #seaandsky #oceanvilla #qatarairways #indianocean #honeymoondestination #sunandsea #maldiveslovers #sunnysideoflife #traveltheworld #visitmaldives #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivesresort #maldives2017 #maldivesislands #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmaldives #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #maldives #kandolhudhoo #kandolhu #beautifulhotels #luxuryhotelpix
S W E E T  D R E A M S