Favorite Food Experiences in Qatar

Since I am always kind of confused to pick a favorite, I decided to pick more than just a favorite.

Indian Cuisine

To start off, I am going to go ahead with Indian food. There is no better winner for me than Tamarind when it comes to that. The ambience, the service, the presentation, the plating, the taste – everything comes of together just amazingly. This is the first restaurant that comes to my mind for a special occasion.

Mexican Cuisine

Recently, I got to try the menu at the newly opened Mexican Restaurant Isla at the Pearl, and I absolutely fell in love with the cuisine. Anything, that has me captivated from my first experience has to fall in my favorites.

Italian Cuisine

I absolutely am a die-hard fan of Biella. The food that I have tried from the restaurant in all their outlets have me craving for the next time already.

However, there is one more exception that I am going to make here. Cicchetti is a new restaurant in Doha’s dining scene – the plating, the interiors, the details of the place is excellent. Though, am not a die hard sea-food person, this place has some excellent salads, and sea-food pastas.

Karaks

I love Karak so much that even when it is 50 degrees outside, and someone offers me Karak I wouldn’t say no. Have tried quite a lot of options, and Karak Mqanes is my favorite.

Afternoon Tea

The afternoon tea experience at Seasons Lounge, Four Seasons was the best I have had till date. The view, the service, the setting, the perfect service, there is no place that has mastered it like Seasons Lounge for me.

The afternoon tea at IC Doha the city is something I cannot pass off easily though. Their price, the amount of food, the quite, and calm of the place, the delicious Arabic Mezzeh , the envelope with a secret recipe, and a scone to take home will have me opting the venue every now and then.

Coffee Places

I never used to be much of a Coffee drinker until I tried Caribou. Ah, the best comfort drink around Doha.

Cappuccino

If I’d recommend trying a cappuccino, that is clearly going to win your heart try the one at Al Jalsa Lounge at Sharq Village. Yes, I am biased now. I cannot change my mind. They had my heart at what they offered. As much as other things I have tried, haven’t found a place that impressed me better.

Chocolate Stops

Dip N Dip – the name has me at D. If it was not for the traffic, and the crowd at the outlet, I’d have been there almost every week, and been twice my size already.

Healthy Stop

Shades Cafe in Doha Tower has a really great variety of healthy options. It is kind of like a hidden gem really. I didn’t know of its existence until I was invited for the Zomato meetup there.

Shawarma is my most favorite fast-food option. As of now, I cant think of a clear favorite in my head.

And then there is the Wahish from Mashawi Al Arabi – absolute deliciousness in every bite of it.

So, there goes my extensive list of favorites. Clearly, I couldn’t pick one. Thank you Polly and Noemi for being gracious hosts, and coming up with a very interesting #QatarBloggersLinkup everytime.

Pinterest-Image

bloggerslinksuplittlebutton_zpsbdzaiwqp

• Pinay Flying High
    May 18, 2016 at 4:01 pm

When Polly told me her plan of this month’s link up, I knew it would be a hard decision for me too. Lol. This is a great list! I have got to try karak! I’ve been hearing about it for so long now. Thank you for joining #QatarLinkUp

May 18, 2016 at 5:56 pm

I love Karak! But, its best version is having it from the home of a local. It is amazing! Its aroma itself is a remedy for my headache anyday

• Polly (Follow Your Sunshine)
    May 18, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Ooo thanks so much for this list Khansa – there are a couple of newbies in here that I’ll have to check out. Sorry for giving you a hard time – we like to challenge you with these link-ups!! 😉 Thanks for joining in.

Polly xx

May 18, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Thanks Polly for being such a gracious host. Let me know what you think of them when you try them 🙂

• Candy
    May 18, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Well plated and great looking food. Whole place looks beautiful.

• sumaya rahman
    May 18, 2016 at 8:21 pm

baba chapati the most amazing one i tried so far….the one in wakrah next to mc donalds..worth the drive 🙂

May 19, 2016 at 1:47 pm

I have had a couple of times from baba chapatea too. It is more I dont know how to put it (Indian flavored) 😀 than Karak Mqanes. ( which is more Arabic flavored) . I hope you understood what I meant.

• Vet Leow
    May 19, 2016 at 8:28 am

I been here once during transit to Europe and didn’t really know what to eat in town. Thanks for sharing this post!

May 19, 2016 at 1:44 pm

There are a lot of dining options, as well as places to visit even though it is a small country. 🙂 When did you visit Qatar though?

May 19, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Thanks for stopping by Sahar 🙂

May 19, 2016 at 11:10 am

Lovely reading the dining options you have chosen. Like you I too couldn’t figure out just one place.

• Jennifer L. } Modern Chic
    May 19, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Wow looks absolutely incredible! I hope to visit Qatar soon and sample the wonderful delights.

• Rachel
    May 20, 2016 at 10:46 pm

This post is seriously making me want to visit Qatar!

• Samantha Carraro
    July 5, 2016 at 1:02 am

If there’s food, there’s a 100% possibility I’ll like the post. And I loved this! Those meals look delicious! I just want to grab them out of my computer and eat them.
    The photos are incredible as well and so is the entire post; I’ve never tried anything like that but I’d love to, especially in such a beautiful place.

Samantha | https://samanthacarraro.wordpress.com/

• Creative Solutions
    April 3, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Looks beautiful

H I K I N G  U P
Yes, I went hiking up in my abaya, and whined that I couldn't make it up in time for the sunset, and couldn't make it up anyways.
I questioned posting this several times because my @skechers looked dirty
But then again, what is hiking without all that mess that gets on you? Its messy but this view is all you tend to remember in the end. The Beauty of Travel 💗 .
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #traveltheworld #topoftheworld #hijabi #niqabis
F A N A J E E N  C A F E @fanajeencafeqatar
From when I met @sabrinecat
I love this place for girly catchups.But, I shared this because I had a point to make.
You can have coffee- cold, hot, or iced. Without sugar, With sugar - white, brown,
I have mine a liitle warmer than luke warm, with milk and no sugar.
It's your choice to make and have coffee the way you like it.
So, is blogging. You can blog fashion, food, travel, anything you want and it's no one's right to tell you how to do it. You find your own way and tell your story.Join me and fellow bloggers Polly , Rachel Morris, And Laura today evening at @qpwnqatar 's event at @fsdoha to hear more about our blogging journey.6 - 8 pm
For registering for the event , please have a look at my insta story.
I have put the link there 💗
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #fanajeencafe #coffeeart #coffeebloggers
V I O L E N T  S K I E S
Nothing in life comes easy. Happiness comes from within. Everyone has their own opinion on what success is.
It is upto you to decide and work for the success you believe in honestly, and kindly. I always believe in the fact that if you put your heart and soul in paving your way, pulling up as many people as you can along the way, you will find yourself in a place you are content with, and surrounded by the right people.
It will happen but it will take time.
PERSEVERANCE & KINDNESS is key 🗝🗝🗝
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldives
MY VEIL STORY
They told me " I didnt have to wear the veil there. My husband wasn't around." I listened. I smiled. I didnt say anything back.
Little did they know that my husband had nothing to do with my veil.
It was my choice and I Didn't do it for him. What if my husband wasn't there?My religion to me is submission to God. He is all-seeing, all-hearing!I hear a lot of assumptions often and here's what I feel about it. Unless you are in their shoes, and you know every detail of their life, You dont have the right to assume. And, even if you do, please keep it to yourself, so that people are less hurt because of the assumptions you make.
Being fashionably nice is not in looks alone, it is in trying to hurt  as less possible around you with your words. Words once spoken that you cant take back!
Your choice of words are everything! It determines your style, class and elegance more than anything
#QatarBloggers #DohaBloggers #Ohrid #MuslimahBloggers #MyVeilStory #InMyNiqab
📸 @experienceskopje
B L U E  S U N R I S E
Glad that the weekend is here.
A whole lot of beautiful things to share but not enough time.@dhigalimaldives 🏝🏝
#dhigalimaldives #maldives #sunnysideoflife #QatarBloggers #dohabloggers
B A L K A N  S U N R I S E
Its easy to forget the beautiful memories we have like a beautiful sunrise.
Social Media makes it easy to whine and complain about things we dont have.
Perhaps if we remind ourselves more of the beautiful memories we have everyday, its going to be easier to be content with everything we have and get to experience in our life everyday!
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #macedonia #sunrise #qatarairways #europe #Goingplacestogether #nofilter #creativitywithkay #balkan #moodygrams
#agameoftones #justgoshoot #killeverygram #uncalculated #waytoill #theimaged #fatalframes #bevisuallyinspired  #theartofslowliving #theweekoninstagram #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmatters #momentslikethese #mymonthofsundays #theculturetrip .
.  #forahappymoment #prettycity #darlingescapes #tasteintravel
The wind was strong, the water wild, but there was peace as we watched the sun go down.
Peace that only nature could provide with.
And, it was the most relaxing scene to watch.
A beautiful experience for me.
@experienceskopje @ohrid_macedonia
.#skopje #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces
#skopjecity #strumica #ohridcity #easterneurope #sightseeing #balkan #balkans #ancientcityofohrid #october #forbestravelguide
Just realised I cropped out the previous video 🤣