Iftar at Intercontintenal Doha The City 2016

My first of only two tent visits that I decided to go for this Ramadan was Al Jawhara. What did it feel like when I entered? It exuded Arabian hospitality and timeless elegance. I loved how the tent was like walking through a beautifully set oasis somewhere in the middle of a desert. It was a beautifully well thought out tent in terms of the ambience, and decor. The buffet setup had a feeling of walking through an Arabian souq ( Traditional Arabic market place)

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-souk

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-seating-private

The seating arrangement was well thought out. There were private seating areas with curtains that could be pulled down for privacy, there were table setup for twos, and fours, and bigger groups. There was also a VIP room.

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-seating

The prayer facility was quite organized as well. There was someone to guide you to the prayer place once you stepped out of the tent. They had separate ones for Male and Female. Some venues keep the same prayer hall for both male, and female which doesn’t make sense. I wish properties here before making prayer spaces do their research on how to have prayer spaces.

The food was mainly Arabic with some elements from other cuisines. There was a live pasta station, a cheese, and breads corner. That aside most of them were Arabic – from starters to mains, shawarma stations. I normally always go for the grills, but I saw Moussaka which is a vegetarian dish. I tried it, and it was really good. Their shawarmas were quite succulent as well.

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-shawarma

There was a separate dessert station with crepes made for you right on the spot with your choice of filling, and ice cream topping. You could order the ice cream alone or with the crepe as well. They had kunafas, and oh-my-God, those kunafas were a real deal.

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-fruit

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-dessert

There is no perfomance /singer or any other kind of entertainment during Iftar which is why I chose to visit at that time. Most people are unaware of the fact but, these performance are not part of Ramadan, and I tend to avoid them when and where possible. Have you tried the Iftar at IC Doha The City? What was your favorite part? Let me know in comments!

On another note, a special shout out to Erica from Lobby Lounge for remembering me. I met her only once before, and she was able to instantly recognize me. Little things in life that instantly cheer up someone’s day – this is what it feels like!

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-food-qatari

I am not a big fan of buffets, but, I do like to try out the experience once in a while. I was invited as a guest by Intercontinental Doha The City.
Al Jawhara Ramadan Tent - InterContinental The City Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

• Izabela
    June 27, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Great photos. It looked like a great event.

June 28, 2016 at 2:15 pm

This is how it is all through out the month in most hotels. You should come down here one day, and see it for yourself. Thanks for stopping by

• Krista Dial
    June 28, 2016 at 5:16 am

How beautiful…love all of the bold colors! The food looks scrumptious!

• Jasmine Watts
    June 28, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Wow! Its sounds like a wonderful experience you had! I would love to go there!

June 28, 2016 at 2:14 pm

The buffets here normally tend to be this lavish especially around this time of the year.

• Aishwarya Shenolikar
    June 28, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Oh, the food!! The entire arrangements are nothing but elegant and lovely! I’ve never seen anything quite like this! Glad that you got to visit there. 🙂

• Amrita
    June 29, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Looks like an elaborate arrangement.Glad yout liked it

Check this out

Check this out

Have you ever stepped into a hotel and felt like this is just exactly who I am? If so, where did you feel that way?
For me, I felt it @alrayyan.hotel.doha from the @curiocollection !
.How fab is this sunset?
Curious where it is?
40 minutes away from Al Rayyan hotel is the Zekreet Beach. This was a sunset we caught during our stay at Al Rayyan Hotel.
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #passionpassport #travelandlife #darlingescapes
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#redsky #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #zekreet #luxelife
Getting those night pictures right isn't easy.
But then I think this came out just right. What do you think?The night view from my room at the @westindubaiAHC
Shot with @fujifilmme X-A3
⭐ #visitdubai 🌍#Dubai #DubaiBloggers
#قطر #دبي
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #fujifilmme #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #lovetheworld
#travellingtheworld
#westindubaiAHC
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #5star #dubaihotels #westinhotels #westin  #hotellife #unitedarabemirates
"Always be a mermaid ! "
Have you been to any hotel in the @curiocollection ?
Here's a post
✴️Reminiscing about the wonderful time I had at @alrayyan.hotel.doha this weekend
✴️On another note, Summer's almost here and spending it by the pool is a good idea , isn't it? The one at @alrayyan.hotel.doha is amazing! ✴️Did you know that AlRayyan Hotel is the first of the @Curiocollection Hotel in the Middle East ?
I really enjoyed my time at the hotel... Wait for my entire experience coming soon on the blog .
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #hotellife #luxelife
Sugarcane juice or coconut water? 🌴
Which one would you pick?
Do you like to stop by the street and try out the local fruits and vegetables? Are you that person?
⭐ #IncredibleIndia #gltlove #globelletravels
🌍#travelandlife #tlasia #SouthIndia #IndiaTourism
#GoKerala
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ==========================
#femmetravel #coupletravel #traveltheworld #lonelyplanettraveller
#abmtravelbug  #fodorsonthego #traveladdict #tlpicks #sidewalkerdaily #halaltourism  #natgeotravel
#godsowncountry
#lovetheworld
#intravelist
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter #iexplore
Blue skies and endless greens - view from the top of Sigiriya
Have you been to a UNESCO heritage site ? What was your fave one? .
⭐ #visitsrilanka 🌍#srilanka #sigiriya 📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#iamatraveler
#femmetravel
#globelletravels #intravelist #inspravel #iexplore #likeamountaingirl
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter
"Can I go back here already?" @oryxrotana
I cannot recommend the hospitality of the staff here enough 👌👌
When you book with Club Rotana, your rooms are bigger than normal, check in is from the Executive Lounge, and you get access to the Club Rotana Lounge throughout your stay.
So glad to see that Club Rotana is now in Doha
Have you stayed at oryx Rotana or any other Rotana Hotels? .
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #clubrotana #oryxrotana  #hotellife #luxelife
Beautiful Art set in a Raw Space and the perfect sunset in the background.
My previous pics were a most obvious art and now this one is more conceptual. The more you look at it the more it says. What art do you like ?
Taking place in the 29th floor of the @wdoha START Doha exhibits works of nine artists either from or living in Qatar
It's going to be around from March 11-14th 9 am - 9 pm .
⭐ #visitqatar 🌍#Qatar #Doha
#قطر #الدوحة
📷#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#NYTAFT #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #NYTArt #NYTArtfortomorrow #wdoha #artfortomorrow #saatchigallery
Happy Friday Folks ! 😊😊
These paintings that have a three dimensional effect are so impressive.
I love art, culture, and anything inspiring. I was fortunate enough to get to see these paintings being done live. What about you?
Did you get a chance to check it out? This was from @citywalkdubai - an initiative of @branddubai
On another note new blog post published, link in bio 🤗🤗
⭐ #visitdubai 🌍 #Dubai #DubaiCanvas #CityWalkDubai
#قطر #دبي
📷#QatarBloggers #DubaiBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#DubaiCanvasatCityWalk #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #wandeleurspark #thehappynow #thatsdarling #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #ilovedubai
#theartofslowliving