Iftar at Intercontintenal Doha The City 2016

My first of only two tent visits that I decided to go for this Ramadan was Al Jawhara. What did it feel like when I entered? It exuded Arabian hospitality and timeless elegance. I loved how the tent was like walking through a beautifully set oasis somewhere in the middle of a desert. It was a beautifully well thought out tent in terms of the ambience, and decor. The buffet setup had a feeling of walking through an Arabian souq ( Traditional Arabic market place)

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-souk

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-seating-private

The seating arrangement was well thought out. There were private seating areas with curtains that could be pulled down for privacy, there were table setup for twos, and fours, and bigger groups. There was also a VIP room.

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-seating

The prayer facility was quite organized as well. There was someone to guide you to the prayer place once you stepped out of the tent. They had separate ones for Male and Female. Some venues keep the same prayer hall for both male, and female which doesn’t make sense. I wish properties here before making prayer spaces do their research on how to have prayer spaces.

The food was mainly Arabic with some elements from other cuisines. There was a live pasta station, a cheese, and breads corner. That aside most of them were Arabic – from starters to mains, shawarma stations. I normally always go for the grills, but I saw Moussaka which is a vegetarian dish. I tried it, and it was really good. Their shawarmas were quite succulent as well.

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-shawarma

There was a separate dessert station with crepes made for you right on the spot with your choice of filling, and ice cream topping. You could order the ice cream alone or with the crepe as well. They had kunafas, and oh-my-God, those kunafas were a real deal.

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-fruit

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-dessert

There is no perfomance /singer or any other kind of entertainment during Iftar which is why I chose to visit at that time. Most people are unaware of the fact but, these performance are not part of Ramadan, and I tend to avoid them when and where possible. Have you tried the Iftar at IC Doha The City? What was your favorite part? Let me know in comments!

On another note, a special shout out to Erica from Lobby Lounge for remembering me. I met her only once before, and she was able to instantly recognize me. Little things in life that instantly cheer up someone’s day – this is what it feels like!

aljawharatent-ramadan-iftar-2016-khansa-creativitywithkay-qatar-blogger-food-qatari

I am not a big fan of buffets, but, I do like to try out the experience once in a while. I was invited as a guest by Intercontinental Doha The City.
Al Jawhara Ramadan Tent - InterContinental The City Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

• Izabela
    June 27, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Great photos. It looked like a great event.

June 28, 2016 at 2:15 pm

This is how it is all through out the month in most hotels. You should come down here one day, and see it for yourself. Thanks for stopping by

• Krista Dial
    June 28, 2016 at 5:16 am

How beautiful…love all of the bold colors! The food looks scrumptious!

• Jasmine Watts
    June 28, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Wow! Its sounds like a wonderful experience you had! I would love to go there!

June 28, 2016 at 2:14 pm

The buffets here normally tend to be this lavish especially around this time of the year.

• Aishwarya Shenolikar
    June 28, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Oh, the food!! The entire arrangements are nothing but elegant and lovely! I’ve never seen anything quite like this! Glad that you got to visit there. 🙂

• Amrita
    June 29, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Looks like an elaborate arrangement.Glad yout liked it

The wind was strong, the water wild, but there was peace as we watched the sun go down.
Peace that only nature could provide with.
And, it was the most relaxing scene to watch.
A beautiful experience for me.
@experienceskopje @ohrid_macedonia
.#skopje #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces
#skopjecity #strumica #ohridcity #easterneurope #sightseeing #balkan #balkans #ancientcityofohrid #october #forbestravelguide
Just realised I cropped out the previous video 🤣
NEW VLOG
Featuring a glimpse of @dhigalimaldives
Would you go?Edited by @ah.films
.🛑
LIMITLESS SKIES
Pushing myself to do better everyday is one thing I have always done for myself.
I have believed that the only limit you have around is dependent on what you place yourself in.
How beautiful is this view? From an excursion taken during my stay in the @sholacrownmunnar
.  #bloggersofinstagram #earthfocus #nature_perfection # #natureaddict #welivetoexplore #planetdiscovery #unlimitedplanet #nature_obsession #naturephoto #flashesofdelight #darlingmovement #abmlifeissweet #enjoythelittlethings #passportexpress #tasteintravel #passionpassport #roamtheplanet #exploringtheglobe #worlderlust #liveauthentic #exploretocreate #stayandwander #theglobewanderer #forahappymoment #travelersnotebook #darlingescapes #girlsthatwander  #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers
L A S T  W E E K E N D
Cant believe a week passed away since I was standing here staring at this view. Wondering where this view is from?
The one and only @ritzcarltondoha .
#rcmemories #ritzcarltondoha #ritzcarlton #visitqatar #doha #myqatar #seemydoha #iloveqatar #weloveqatar #momentslikethese #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #myunicornlife #inspiremyinstagram
N E W  P H O N E  C O V E R @caseartsI love colors, painting, art, and so many things. I am sure I cant make a list of what I like here because its never ending. I have been following @inkstruckstudio 's beautiful artworks and blog.
She has a free downloadable wallpaper up on her blog every month. Very pretty ones!
And, I fell in love with the one in October like every other work of hers.
When @casearts came to me - (they give you printed mobile cover designs of your choice.)
I had no idea what I wanted as my mobile cover.
And, then when I saw Zakkiya's wallpaper I decided that this wallpaper would look pretty as my phone cover. I loved how it turned out.
Thank you @casearts for this mobile cover.
And, thanks Zakiyya for sharing your beauriful artwork with us every other day.
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #mobilecover #customizedmobilecover #artwork #rcmemories #ritzcarltonhotels #ritzcarltondoha #flatlay #acolorstory #myunicornlife #stylemacarons #stylehunters #passionpassport #madeinqatar #supportlocal
P E A R L S
Who would believe if they saw these pearls crafted to perfection were actually chocolates? Until I had a bite of it and saw it for myself, i was just amazed.
These welcome amenities from @ritzcarltondoha kept me staring at its beauty for a while before I could take a bite out of it. What beauty! Such incredible skills 😍😍
#rcmemories #ritzcarltondoha #ritzcarlton #visitqatar #doha #pearl #necklace #chocolate #momentslikethese #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #myunicornlife #inspiremyinstagram
K A N D O L H U  V L O G
Never done a vlog before but I think its about time you get an insight into my experiences with more than just words.
These were shots I took in the @kandolhu Maldives with absolutely no plans of creating a vlog. However, since I came across a creative videographer @ah.films who put it together brilliantly, I thought this had to come online. I hope you enjoy watching it and let me know your thoughts . 💗💗 .
#qatarblogger #whitesand #beachlife #qatarvlogger #travelblogger #seaandsky #oceanvilla #qatarairways #indianocean #honeymoondestination #sunandsea #maldiveslovers #sunnysideoflife #traveltheworld #visitmaldives #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivesresort #maldives2017 #maldivesislands #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmaldives #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #maldives #kandolhudhoo #kandolhu #beautifulhotels #luxuryhotelpix
S W E E T  D R E A M S