Afternoon Tea at the Lobby Lounge | Intercontinental Doha The City

I had this post prepared, and kept myself from publishing it. Barely ten days into my experience, and it was Ramadan. So, obviously then wasn’t a good time for an Afternoon Tea review. Now, that Ramadan is over, it’s about time this came online.

The Afternoon Tea at Lobby Lounge has been most affordable from all of my experiences so far, and yet gives a top notch experience from the moment you step in till you leave the lounge.

From the moment I went in till I left the service was on point. Lavanya was there to welcome me, and introduced me to Erica. Erica was there to take care of all my needs, and even went an extra mile to giving me two cups of cappuccino just to share some awesome coffee art with me, and make my day better altogether.

The ambiance is great, and the lounge is beautiful. Obviously, the pictures will speak for the experience. afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-chandelier

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-details

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-juice-displayAs for the Afternoon Tea, there are two kinds of them – one is The Oriental one which is priced at QAR 85, and the other one is The Contemporary one at 95 QAR.

afternoon-tea-setup-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger

The Oriental Afternoon Tea had some amazing Hot and Cold Mezzeh. Obviously, as always the Oriental once has me leaning over as my palate is more suited to those kind of flavors. They were overly delicious, and if I had to pick one of my favorite pick in that it would have to be the Kibbeh – crispy, and yum!

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-oriental

The Contemporary Afternoon Tea is equally delicious as well. However, I like to stay true to my tastes. And, hence I would still vote for the Oriental Tea.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-english

Their serving timing is a bit shorter than most places as their afternoon tea is served between 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. A prior reservation is always more welcome so as to have yourself served as early as possible.

As for the amount of food that is on each serving set, it is more than enough for two. A plate of fresh sliced fruits also, comes alongside the Contemporary set.afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-fruits

For tea, I went for a mint flavored tea – Moroccan Tea which is served keeping up with Moroccan styles, and traditions.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-moroccan-tea

If you love some coffee art, don’t forget to order a cappuccino. They have the best coffee art so far in hotel lounges compared to the more plain, and less creative ones I have tried at other places.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-coffeeart-art

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-coffee-art2

The afternoon teas in Doha always give a hybrid experience combining the best of English, and Arabic Lifestyle.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-pastry

As we were about to leave, we were given a scone to take away home, and a special envelope in which lay the Chef’s secret recipe to delicious scone.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-scone-recipe

P. S I was a guest at Lobby Lounge, Intercontinental Doha The City. However, all opinions and pictures are my own.

• Dalba Castrillon
    July 26, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Thanks for sharing! The pictures are great. Everything looks nice, fresh and delicious!

• Marie Barber
    July 26, 2016 at 10:25 pm

That food looks amazing and this place sounds great too, i love the coffee art and the scone such great little extras that add so much!

July 27, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Exactly! And, when the price is a steal for the service, it’s even worth mentioning!

• Jessica
    July 26, 2016 at 11:53 pm

My mom and sisters and I used to go to a little tea place near where I live and have herbal tea with all the fixings. This takes me back to my childhood!

July 27, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Oh nice! Afternoon Teas make for such cozy memories!

• kylie cre8tone
    July 27, 2016 at 9:15 am

I wanna go tea time now.. The food are amazing.. Relax noon…

• Julie
    July 27, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Omg everything looks great! I’m hoping to do high tea soon!

• Jasmine Watts
    July 28, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Yummm… everything looks so good! Especially I love the coffee art.

• Sondra Barker
    July 29, 2016 at 7:37 pm

I absolutely adore an afternoon tea and I’m not even a tea drinker. I do love all the little mini treats though. This post makes me want to make a high tea brunch reservation this weekend!

July 30, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Let me know how it goes, and do share the link with me here πŸ™‚

• Mardene Carr
    July 31, 2016 at 12:28 am

Oh what a delight this is. oooooooooooh I could stay in this one spot all afternoon. Not a good idea but anyway

• Krista Dial
    August 1, 2016 at 1:44 am

What a lovely spread! πŸ™‚ The designs in the drinks are so neat…and the macarons, particularly, look incredible. Yum…looks like you had a lovely trip!

The wind was strong, the water wild, but there was peace as we watched the sun go down.
Peace that only nature could provide with.
And, it was the most relaxing scene to watch.
A beautiful experience for me.
@experienceskopje @ohrid_macedonia
.#skopje #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces
#skopjecity #strumica #ohridcity #easterneurope #sightseeing #balkan #balkans #ancientcityofohrid #october #forbestravelguide
Just realised I cropped out the previous video 🀣
NEW VLOG
Featuring a glimpse of @dhigalimaldives
Would you go?Edited by @ah.films
.πŸ›‘
πŸ›«@qatarairways flies to Male  from Doha daily
🏑Where to stay in Raa Atoll: at the newly opened @dhigalimaldives
LIMITLESS SKIES
Pushing myself to do better everyday is one thing I have always done for myself.
I have believed that the only limit you have around is dependent on what you place yourself in.
How beautiful is this view? From an excursion taken during my stay in the @sholacrownmunnar
.  #bloggersofinstagram #earthfocus #nature_perfection # #natureaddict #welivetoexplore #planetdiscovery #unlimitedplanet #nature_obsession #naturephoto #flashesofdelight #darlingmovement #abmlifeissweet #enjoythelittlethings #passportexpress #tasteintravel #passionpassport #roamtheplanet #exploringtheglobe #worlderlust #liveauthentic #exploretocreate #stayandwander #theglobewanderer #forahappymoment #travelersnotebook #darlingescapes #girlsthatwander  #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers
L A S T  W E E K E N D
Cant believe a week passed away since I was standing here staring at this view. Wondering where this view is from?
The one and only @ritzcarltondoha .
#rcmemories #ritzcarltondoha #ritzcarlton #visitqatar #doha #myqatar #seemydoha #iloveqatar #weloveqatar #momentslikethese #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #myunicornlife #inspiremyinstagram
N E W  P H O N E  C O V E R @caseartsI love colors, painting, art, and so many things. I am sure I cant make a list of what I like here because its never ending. I have been following @inkstruckstudio 's beautiful artworks and blog.
She has a free downloadable wallpaper up on her blog every month. Very pretty ones!
And, I fell in love with the one in October like every other work of hers.
When @casearts came to me - (they give you printed mobile cover designs of your choice.)
I had no idea what I wanted as my mobile cover.
And, then when I saw Zakkiya's wallpaper I decided that this wallpaper would look pretty as my phone cover. I loved how it turned out.
Thank you @casearts for this mobile cover.
And, thanks Zakiyya for sharing your beauriful artwork with us every other day.
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #mobilecover #customizedmobilecover #artwork #rcmemories #ritzcarltonhotels #ritzcarltondoha #flatlay #acolorstory #myunicornlife #stylemacarons #stylehunters #passionpassport #madeinqatar #supportlocal
P E A R L S
Who would believe if they saw these pearls crafted to perfection were actually chocolates? Until I had a bite of it and saw it for myself, i was just amazed.
These welcome amenities from @ritzcarltondoha kept me staring at its beauty for a while before I could take a bite out of it. What beauty! Such incredible skills 😍😍
#rcmemories #ritzcarltondoha #ritzcarlton #visitqatar #doha #pearl #necklace #chocolate #momentslikethese #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #myunicornlife #inspiremyinstagram
K A N D O L H U  V L O G
Never done a vlog before but I think its about time you get an insight into my experiences with more than just words.
These were shots I took in the @kandolhu Maldives with absolutely no plans of creating a vlog. However, since I came across a creative videographer @ah.films who put it together brilliantly, I thought this had to come online. I hope you enjoy watching it and let me know your thoughts . πŸ’—πŸ’— .
#qatarblogger #whitesand #beachlife #qatarvlogger #travelblogger #seaandsky #oceanvilla #qatarairways #indianocean #honeymoondestination #sunandsea #maldiveslovers #sunnysideoflife #traveltheworld #visitmaldives #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivesresort #maldives2017 #maldivesislands #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmaldives #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #maldives #kandolhudhoo #kandolhu #beautifulhotels #luxuryhotelpix
S W E E T  D R E A M S