Afternoon Tea at the Lobby Lounge | Intercontinental Doha The City

I had this post prepared, and kept myself from publishing it. Barely ten days into my experience, and it was Ramadan. So, obviously then wasn’t a good time for an Afternoon Tea review. Now, that Ramadan is over, it’s about time this came online.

The Afternoon Tea at Lobby Lounge has been most affordable from all of my experiences so far, and yet gives a top notch experience from the moment you step in till you leave the lounge.

From the moment I went in till I left the service was on point. Lavanya was there to welcome me, and introduced me to Erica. Erica was there to take care of all my needs, and even went an extra mile to giving me two cups of cappuccino just to share some awesome coffee art with me, and make my day better altogether.

The ambiance is great, and the lounge is beautiful. Obviously, the pictures will speak for the experience. afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-chandelier

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-details

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-juice-displayAs for the Afternoon Tea, there are two kinds of them – one is The Oriental one which is priced at QAR 85, and the other one is The Contemporary one at 95 QAR.

afternoon-tea-setup-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger

The Oriental Afternoon Tea had some amazing Hot and Cold Mezzeh. Obviously, as always the Oriental once has me leaning over as my palate is more suited to those kind of flavors. They were overly delicious, and if I had to pick one of my favorite pick in that it would have to be the Kibbeh – crispy, and yum!

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-oriental

The Contemporary Afternoon Tea is equally delicious as well. However, I like to stay true to my tastes. And, hence I would still vote for the Oriental Tea.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-english

Their serving timing is a bit shorter than most places as their afternoon tea is served between 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. A prior reservation is always more welcome so as to have yourself served as early as possible.

As for the amount of food that is on each serving set, it is more than enough for two. A plate of fresh sliced fruits also, comes alongside the Contemporary set.afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-fruits

For tea, I went for a mint flavored tea – Moroccan Tea which is served keeping up with Moroccan styles, and traditions.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-moroccan-tea

If you love some coffee art, don’t forget to order a cappuccino. They have the best coffee art so far in hotel lounges compared to the more plain, and less creative ones I have tried at other places.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-coffeeart-art

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-coffee-art2

The afternoon teas in Doha always give a hybrid experience combining the best of English, and Arabic Lifestyle.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-pastry

As we were about to leave, we were given a scone to take away home, and a special envelope in which lay the Chef’s secret recipe to delicious scone.

afternoon-tea-lobby-lounge-icdohathecity-qatar-blogger-scone-recipe

P. S I was a guest at Lobby Lounge, Intercontinental Doha The City. However, all opinions and pictures are my own.

• Dalba Castrillon
    July 26, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Thanks for sharing! The pictures are great. Everything looks nice, fresh and delicious!

• Marie Barber
    July 26, 2016 at 10:25 pm

That food looks amazing and this place sounds great too, i love the coffee art and the scone such great little extras that add so much!

July 27, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Exactly! And, when the price is a steal for the service, it’s even worth mentioning!

• Jessica
    July 26, 2016 at 11:53 pm

My mom and sisters and I used to go to a little tea place near where I live and have herbal tea with all the fixings. This takes me back to my childhood!

July 27, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Oh nice! Afternoon Teas make for such cozy memories!

• kylie cre8tone
    July 27, 2016 at 9:15 am

I wanna go tea time now.. The food are amazing.. Relax noon…

• Julie
    July 27, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Omg everything looks great! I’m hoping to do high tea soon!

• Jasmine Watts
    July 28, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Yummm… everything looks so good! Especially I love the coffee art.

• Sondra Barker
    July 29, 2016 at 7:37 pm

I absolutely adore an afternoon tea and I’m not even a tea drinker. I do love all the little mini treats though. This post makes me want to make a high tea brunch reservation this weekend!

July 30, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Let me know how it goes, and do share the link with me here ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mardene Carr
    July 31, 2016 at 12:28 am

Oh what a delight this is. oooooooooooh I could stay in this one spot all afternoon. Not a good idea but anyway

• Krista Dial
    August 1, 2016 at 1:44 am

What a lovely spread! ๐Ÿ™‚ The designs in the drinks are so neat…and the macarons, particularly, look incredible. Yum…looks like you had a lovely trip!

Check this out

Check this out

Have you ever stepped into a hotel and felt like this is just exactly who I am? If so, where did you feel that way?
For me, I felt it @alrayyan.hotel.doha from the @curiocollection !
.How fab is this sunset?
Curious where it is?
40 minutes away from Al Rayyan hotel is the Zekreet Beach. This was a sunset we caught during our stay at Al Rayyan Hotel.
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #passionpassport #travelandlife #darlingescapes
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#redsky #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #zekreet #luxelife
Getting those night pictures right isn't easy.
But then I think this came out just right. What do you think?The night view from my room at the @westindubaiAHC
Shot with @fujifilmme X-A3
โญ #visitdubai ๐ŸŒ#Dubai #DubaiBloggers
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุฏุจูŠ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #fujifilmme #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #lovetheworld
#travellingtheworld
#westindubaiAHC
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #5star #dubaihotels #westinhotels #westin  #hotellife #unitedarabemirates
"Always be a mermaid ! "
Have you been to any hotel in the @curiocollection ?
Here's a post
โœด๏ธReminiscing about the wonderful time I had at @alrayyan.hotel.doha this weekend
โœด๏ธOn another note, Summer's almost here and spending it by the pool is a good idea , isn't it? The one at @alrayyan.hotel.doha is amazing! โœด๏ธDid you know that AlRayyan Hotel is the first of the @Curiocollection Hotel in the Middle East ?
I really enjoyed my time at the hotel... Wait for my entire experience coming soon on the blog .
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #hotellife #luxelife
Sugarcane juice or coconut water? ๐ŸŒด
Which one would you pick?
Do you like to stop by the street and try out the local fruits and vegetables? Are you that person?
โญ #IncredibleIndia #gltlove #globelletravels
๐ŸŒ#travelandlife #tlasia #SouthIndia #IndiaTourism
#GoKerala
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ==========================
#femmetravel #coupletravel #traveltheworld #lonelyplanettraveller
#abmtravelbug  #fodorsonthego #traveladdict #tlpicks #sidewalkerdaily #halaltourism  #natgeotravel
#godsowncountry
#lovetheworld
#intravelist
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter #iexplore
Blue skies and endless greens - view from the top of Sigiriya
Have you been to a UNESCO heritage site ? What was your fave one? .
โญ #visitsrilanka ๐ŸŒ#srilanka #sigiriya ๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#iamatraveler
#femmetravel
#globelletravels #intravelist #inspravel #iexplore #likeamountaingirl
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter
"Can I go back here already?" @oryxrotana
I cannot recommend the hospitality of the staff here enough ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
When you book with Club Rotana, your rooms are bigger than normal, check in is from the Executive Lounge, and you get access to the Club Rotana Lounge throughout your stay.
So glad to see that Club Rotana is now in Doha
Have you stayed at oryx Rotana or any other Rotana Hotels? .
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #clubrotana #oryxrotana  #hotellife #luxelife
Beautiful Art set in a Raw Space and the perfect sunset in the background.
My previous pics were a most obvious art and now this one is more conceptual. The more you look at it the more it says. What art do you like ?
Taking place in the 29th floor of the @wdoha START Doha exhibits works of nine artists either from or living in Qatar
It's going to be around from March 11-14th 9 am - 9 pm .
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#NYTAFT #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #NYTArt #NYTArtfortomorrow #wdoha #artfortomorrow #saatchigallery
Happy Friday Folks ! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
These paintings that have a three dimensional effect are so impressive.
I love art, culture, and anything inspiring. I was fortunate enough to get to see these paintings being done live. What about you?
Did you get a chance to check it out? This was from @citywalkdubai - an initiative of @branddubai
On another note new blog post published, link in bio ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
โญ #visitdubai ๐ŸŒ #Dubai #DubaiCanvas #CityWalkDubai
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุฏุจูŠ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DubaiBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#DubaiCanvasatCityWalk #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #wandeleurspark #thehappynow #thatsdarling #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #ilovedubai
#theartofslowliving