Do Not Miss These if You are visiting Sri Lanka !

Sri Lanka is a country which has lot to offer, and is much less talked about in this side of the world. A country of beautiful landscapes, and kind people, here’s experiences you shouldn’t miss if you are visiting the country.

Do not miss getting tender coconut on the streets, and having fresh coconut water. It is the only energizing drink you would need for any hike or trek. The sweet, and refreshing coconut water is one not to miss.

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-coconut-water-srilanka

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-coconut-water-street-srilanka

Do not miss lunching with the locals. If you can find someone to take you to a farm, and have lunch in a hut, then do so! It is an experience you will cherish – not only for the tasty meals, but for the sheer beauty of the raw experience.

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-lunch-local-village-hut-farm-srilanka
qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-lunch-local-village-srilanka

Do not miss visiting the tea estates and tea plantations in Nuwara Eliya. The scenic views, and the world famous teas of Ceylon are one you should experience in person. And, when you are coming back make sure to buy tea for your friends, and families. They have a variety of Oh-I-want-to-buy this one kind of tea packaging in the world.

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-tea-plantation-nuwara-eliya-srilanka

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-tea-plantation-nuwara-eliya-teapicking-srilanka

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-dilmah-tea-gifting-srilanka

Do not miss visiting at least one fabulous beach as it is the country with some of the most beautiful beaches, and yes have fresh sea food.

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-beach-srilanka

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-bentota-beach-srilanka

Do not miss visiting any of Geoffrey Bawa’s architectural feat hotels or at least try and pass by his brother Bevis Bawa’s house. I loved that place and it was one of my favorite discoveries in Trip Advisor. Never had been part of the plan, and happened by accident!

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-bevis-bawa-house-srilanka

Do not miss a visit to the Galle Fort and seeing the architecture, and the sheer beauty of everything medieval Dutch.

qatar-travel-blogger-khansa-galle-fort-dutch-lighthouse-srilanka

Is there something you think I have to add onto the “Do not miss while in Sri Lanka” list?

Have you done any / all of these?ย Feel free to let me know in comments.

October 16, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Love the beaches there! And the tea plantations. Always pretty!

October 16, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Yes. So beautiful subhanallah. Its very clean everywhere you go as well.

• L J Legend
    October 17, 2016 at 1:17 am

Wow, sounds like an amazing place to visit and the photo’s you have make it even more tempting to go. Thank you for a great post ๐Ÿ™‚

October 17, 2016 at 1:33 am

You are welcome. Thanks for stopping by. Have you been to Sri Lanka before?

• Julie Cao
    October 17, 2016 at 1:17 am

The pictures of all the beaches look dreamlike. What is your favorite beach in Sri Lanka?. Coconut water is a good treat on a tropical island on a warm day, I would love to laying on the beach and sip coconut juice.

October 17, 2016 at 1:32 am

I loved the beaches at Pasikudah. It was amazing. They have a lot of beaches there as its an island country. Have you been there?

• Sydney Fashion Hunter
    October 17, 2016 at 9:36 am

Not being a tea drinker myself I hadn’t really associated Sri Lanka with tea before. A good friend and my Mum are both tea addicts and Ai would have to bring some home for them for sure. What a fantastic experience to have lunch with the locals.

• kathy (from walkaboutwanderer.com)
    October 17, 2016 at 11:18 am

The tea fields look like those in Munnar, Kerala, India. Such fantastic photos.
    I haven’t been to Sri Lanka but it looks so beautiful and you really have tempted me with the fresh coconuts ๐Ÿ™‚

• Joanna
    October 17, 2016 at 10:17 pm

I am always looking for ways to interact with locals when I travel and having lunch with them at a farm sounds perfect! I would love to visit a tea plantation also! My favorite tea comes from Sri Lanka actually. It’s called Dilmah, I don’t know if you’ve heard of it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Clare
    October 17, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Sri Lanka looks so beautiful and has been on my list for a while. Unfortunately I haven’t made it there yet. But its somewhere I want to try and visit soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• Juliette | Snorkels to Snow
    October 17, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I have never been to Sri Lanka but would love to go – partly for the tea estates! That’s been on my bucket list for a while. We get plenty of coconuts here in Fiji and it’s the most hydrating drink we could ask for. Except they charge tourists through the roof for something that does not cost much at all! The beaches of Sri Lanka look beautiful too.

• Deni
    October 17, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I haven’t been to Sri Lanka, but it is such a beautiful country! Your photos look like they’re from a hidden paradise! Especially those orange coconuts. I had fresh coconut in Hawaii when I went a few years ago, and it is definitely the perfect beach-side/hiking drink. Plus, it’s always good to stay hydrated in the heat! Thank you for your “do not miss-es”!!

• Jen
    October 18, 2016 at 1:13 am

Sri Lanka sounds like a great place to visit. I love coconuts and beaches! I like the idea of visiting tea plantations too. Eating lunch with the locals is a great idea to learn more about the local culture.

• Jen
    October 18, 2016 at 1:16 am

Sri Lanka seems like a great place to visit. I love coconuts and beaches! I would love to visit a tea plantation too. Eating with the locals would be a great way to learn more about the local culture.

• Samantha
    February 1, 2017 at 5:06 am

Sri Lanka looks so beautiful!! I need to put it up higher on my list of places to travel! That one beach looks like paradise. Lunch with locals would be a lot of fun too! Do many people speak English there?

• Arnav @ETLR
    February 1, 2017 at 8:26 am

Love this Do Not Miss list. The coconuts look so big with lots of sweet tender coconut water. I would definitely not miss a drive tbrough the tea plantation apart from exploring the coral lofe by snorkeling and diving.

• Sandy N Vyjay
    February 1, 2017 at 12:50 pm

We were in Sri Lanka for a short time. So still there is so much to see. The beaches, the tea plantations are so amazing. We want to plan a visit soon. Hopefully this year. We never had a lunch in a hut and that sure will be a great experience!

• Sydney Fashion Hunter
    February 1, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I’m not a tea drinker but the fields looks stunning. So vibrant! I love the idea of having lunch with a local in Sei Lanka.

Check this out

Check this out

Have you ever stepped into a hotel and felt like this is just exactly who I am? If so, where did you feel that way?
For me, I felt it @alrayyan.hotel.doha from the @curiocollection !
.How fab is this sunset?
Curious where it is?
40 minutes away from Al Rayyan hotel is the Zekreet Beach. This was a sunset we caught during our stay at Al Rayyan Hotel.
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #passionpassport #travelandlife #darlingescapes
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#redsky #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #zekreet #luxelife
Getting those night pictures right isn't easy.
But then I think this came out just right. What do you think?The night view from my room at the @westindubaiAHC
Shot with @fujifilmme X-A3
โญ #visitdubai ๐ŸŒ#Dubai #DubaiBloggers
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุฏุจูŠ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #fujifilmme #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #lovetheworld
#travellingtheworld
#westindubaiAHC
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #5star #dubaihotels #westinhotels #westin  #hotellife #unitedarabemirates
"Always be a mermaid ! "
Have you been to any hotel in the @curiocollection ?
Here's a post
โœด๏ธReminiscing about the wonderful time I had at @alrayyan.hotel.doha this weekend
โœด๏ธOn another note, Summer's almost here and spending it by the pool is a good idea , isn't it? The one at @alrayyan.hotel.doha is amazing! โœด๏ธDid you know that AlRayyan Hotel is the first of the @Curiocollection Hotel in the Middle East ?
I really enjoyed my time at the hotel... Wait for my entire experience coming soon on the blog .
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #travelgoals #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#travellingtheworld
#travelcouple
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #hiltonhotels #curiobyhilton  #hotellife #luxelife
Sugarcane juice or coconut water? ๐ŸŒด
Which one would you pick?
Do you like to stop by the street and try out the local fruits and vegetables? Are you that person?
โญ #IncredibleIndia #gltlove #globelletravels
๐ŸŒ#travelandlife #tlasia #SouthIndia #IndiaTourism
#GoKerala
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ==========================
#femmetravel #coupletravel #traveltheworld #lonelyplanettraveller
#abmtravelbug  #fodorsonthego #traveladdict #tlpicks #sidewalkerdaily #halaltourism  #natgeotravel
#godsowncountry
#lovetheworld
#intravelist
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter #iexplore
Blue skies and endless greens - view from the top of Sigiriya
Have you been to a UNESCO heritage site ? What was your fave one? .
โญ #visitsrilanka ๐ŸŒ#srilanka #sigiriya ๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. ===================== #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#iamatraveler
#femmetravel
#globelletravels #intravelist #inspravel #iexplore #likeamountaingirl
#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter
"Can I go back here already?" @oryxrotana
I cannot recommend the hospitality of the staff here enough ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
When you book with Club Rotana, your rooms are bigger than normal, check in is from the Executive Lounge, and you get access to the Club Rotana Lounge throughout your stay.
So glad to see that Club Rotana is now in Doha
Have you stayed at oryx Rotana or any other Rotana Hotels? .
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #qatarhotels #clubrotana #oryxrotana  #hotellife #luxelife
Beautiful Art set in a Raw Space and the perfect sunset in the background.
My previous pics were a most obvious art and now this one is more conceptual. The more you look at it the more it says. What art do you like ?
Taking place in the 29th floor of the @wdoha START Doha exhibits works of nine artists either from or living in Qatar
It's going to be around from March 11-14th 9 am - 9 pm .
โญ #visitqatar ๐ŸŒ#Qatar #Doha
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#NYTAFT #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #thehappynow  #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #iloveqatar
#theartofslowliving
#seekthesimplicity#travelbloggerlife
#globetrotter  #seemydoha #NYTArt #NYTArtfortomorrow #wdoha #artfortomorrow #saatchigallery
Happy Friday Folks ! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
These paintings that have a three dimensional effect are so impressive.
I love art, culture, and anything inspiring. I was fortunate enough to get to see these paintings being done live. What about you?
Did you get a chance to check it out? This was from @citywalkdubai - an initiative of @branddubai
On another note new blog post published, link in bio ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
โญ #visitdubai ๐ŸŒ #Dubai #DubaiCanvas #CityWalkDubai
#ู‚ุทุฑ #ุฏุจูŠ
๐Ÿ“ท#QatarBloggers #DubaiBloggers #DohaBlogger #TravelBlogger #HalalBlogger #CultureAmbassador
. =====================
#DubaiCanvasatCityWalk #traveldaily #livecolorfully #acolorstory #abmlifeiscolorful
#abmtravelbug  #wandeleurspark #thehappynow #thatsdarling #halaltourism  #halaltravel  #ilovedubai
#theartofslowliving