Why I didn’t Want to Share This Experience? | Crowne Plaza – Business Park

I really don’t want to share this. Why? Because there’s only limited spaces for this service, and I don’t want it to be booked full the next time I want to go back.
That is exactly how I feel since my visit to the spa by Charme D’ Orient at The Crowne Plaza. I not only felt relaxed, but the experience was a beautiful one. I am one to chase for life stories-Always! Because every person you meet has a very interesting story to tell. And, like everything else interests me, so was the story of my therapist for the day.
I went earlier than my scheduled time. I have been trying to figure my way around my gopro, and thought why not practise a bit more on how to work with it. And, once I was in the hotel lobby, the spa manager – Warisa Dangditkiri
She guided me to the spa which was located on the 7th floor.
I was asked to sit in the waiting area where they served me iced green tea – the benefit of which was that it would remove the toxins in the body. I was given a form to fill in details of contraindications/ any other problems if I had any.

qatar-blogger-spa-day-charmedorient-crowne-plaza-doha-warm-tea-drink
I was to do the Double Serenity Treatment which was a combination of treatments based on my choice, and would last 90 minutes. I opted for the Thai Massage, and mini facial.

She walked me to the changing area, assigned a locker to me, and once I had changed into my robes – I had some time in the Sauna. Spending sometime in the sauna prior to treatment helps absorb more product, and the tightened muscles in the body loosen up a bit.

qatar-blogger-spa-day-charmedorient-crowne-plaza-doha-sauna

Pic Courtesy: Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park

Off we went to start my treatment thereafter – I opted for medium to deep pressure, and the first strokes of the Thai Massage on my body, and I knew I didn’t want this to end.

My experience with Warisa was thoroughly enjoyable not only because of her skills. Her story was really interesting as well. She wasn’t a spa therapist to begin with. It kind of resonated with me as well.

She is really happy where she is now – and with each stroke that she makes, you can feel her passion!

What she dreaded doing as a child has turned into her career now. She tells me this that her memories of massaging goes back to as early as five years. She learnt the art of massaging from her grandmother – the points where to start from, the techniques, and little secrets passed down from the earlier generations. She now narrates her childhood memories as more than just a dreaded childhood memory. She is amazed by how a little thing that her grandmother taught her has now become her full-time career. She told me – :You know what my grandmother taught me the right points to start, and to apply pressure on.” Later, when I went for the therapist lessons, I realized that was some important point to start massages from. I was amazed at how much my grandmother knew, and how much knowledge our ancestors had in the field.qatar-blogger-spa-day-charmedorient-crowne-plaza-doha-spa-treatment-room

After my experience with her, I have no doubt, the Thai massage is an absolute must try not only here but when I make it to Thailand one day!

All along as she told me about this, she was also equally skilled with her techniques offering me advice, and tips on how better I should take care of my body, my skin, my posture, and made sure the temperature was right, the pressure was right throughout. I found out that there is a great difference in my face skin type, and body. My face is more on the combination side, and the body more on the dry side. She didn’t advice anything massive just pure virgin coconut oil after shower when the body is still moist. It was these little advises, and tips that she gave that left me in awe of her passion for the job. It is not a part of the treatment, but, she offered it. She genuinely was passionate about everything through out.

qatar-blogger-spa-day-charmedorient-crowne-plaza-doha-facial

The second part of my treatment was an express facial – something that was customized based on my skin type.

We went through the cleansing, and toning before getting the masks on my face.While the mask was left over my face, Warisa used the time to give me a scalp massage which only added more reasons to walk back here

Obviously, as each minute passed I was only hoping that she didn’t tell me that the treatment was over. I am not exaggerating or anything here on my post. This experience I have had with Warisa is something I would recommend each one of you to come try out if you are planning a spa getaway.

qatar-blogger-spa-day-charmedorient-crowne-plaza-doha-oils

All the treatments are based around the products by Charme D. Orient, and they have absolutely relaxing scents. I opted for musk after I was given a choice of different essential oils before my treatment began. You can choose your own scent.

I came back home definitely a lot more relaxed than normal promising myself I would definitely be booking myself in for a treatment there soon.

Pic Courtesy: Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Pic Courtesy: Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park

I also tried doing a mini video with my go pro. Enjoy!

Disclaimer:  I was a guest of The Spa by Charme D. Orient at Crowne Plaza Business Park. However, all opinions are my own.

• Katie
    November 9, 2016 at 2:31 am

I love a good massage and this experience sounds sensational! Its great that you built such a good relationship with Warisa too, gives it such a personal touch 🙂 P.S. I love your Go Pro video!

• Natasha
    November 9, 2016 at 3:41 am

Oh wow even reading about massages gives me the tingles! I’m so jealous, need to get a professional massage soon before I go crazy. I loved the simplicity of her advice too, nice that she just recommended coconut oil over a million brands. Really sounds like she knows her stuff.

• Deni
    November 9, 2016 at 3:49 am

This sounds absolutely amazing!! I would love to have a full body massage followed by a mini-facial! I really liked the fact that the woman was so generous in sharing her tips with you to make your spa experience stay with you, even after the spa day itself! (And yes to the coconut oil tip- it’s a serious skin saver.) I was also very impressed that they customize your treatment based on your skin types (body and face). I would’ve been in the same boat as you, where you didn’t want it to end! Thanks for such a thorough post!

• Kreete
    November 9, 2016 at 2:19 pm

This sounds like a really nice and relaxing time at the spa. Love that you got to know your masseuse therapist as well. This made me want to go and sit in a sauna now! We as Estonians are super proud of our spa and sauna culture and it’s also super cheap compared to other countries. I miss it a lot living in Australia, where a day in a spa can set you back around $600

• Sasha
    November 9, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Where is the Crowne Plaza Business Park located? Sounds like you had a lovely experience. I had a Thai massage in Thailand and it was very painful. Was your experience painful or relaxing? I haven’t had a spa treatment in so long but reading this is making me desperate for one. Sounds awesome!

November 9, 2016 at 8:44 pm

It is in Qatar. It is in a moderation between pain and relaxation – something I would call sweet pain. But, totally worth it all

• Lydia@LifeUntraveled
    November 9, 2016 at 9:50 pm

I’m sitting here reading this thinking “I should be at the spa right now!”. Nothing like a relaxing massage to feel re-energized. And I have to mention how much I love that wall (is it wallpaper or a mirror mosaic)!

• Courtney
    November 9, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Oh my goooooooooodness Charme D’ Orient looks amazing! I love a good spa day <3

• Juliette | Snorkels to Snow
    November 10, 2016 at 12:07 am

I feel the same way when I find special spots – torn between sharing it and then wanting to keep it all to myself! This sounds super luxurious. I would have just melted into a state of enlightenment! Cute video – you should slow down the video speed a bit to get that nice relaxed spa feel when you step out after a massage and everything’s all slow and still a little hazy 😛

• Tracy
    November 11, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Aaa..looks so good! I just came back from my massage session as well but yours are far much more enjoyable I guess. Envy! Haha..

• Samantha
    February 1, 2017 at 5:15 am

I’m so overdue for a massage. They are quite expensive in Korea…I’m going to wait to go to South East Asia and get a great one there (and for cheap)! This place looks fabulous!!

Q N D 2017 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦
To have been born in a country that has taught me
that size doesnt matter to make a difference 👶
power doesnt matter to make a difference🙌
that friendship matters🤝
that family matters👩‍👦‍👦
that human lives matter💞
A country that has taught me
how to give🙆‍♀️
how to live 💃
how to be 🚶‍♀️
how to stand up for what you believe in
how to not fall no matter who bullies you
how to stay strong even if you are small
how to be a reason for change - good change
how to care
how to love
how to respect
Wishing and Praying that it grows and prospers to make differences in so many peoples lives just like it has made a difference in mine.
Wishing everyone a Happy Qatar National Day 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦
#QND2017 #QatarNationalDay #OurQatar #VisitQatar #ILoveQatar #CreativityWithKay #QatarBloggers #DohaBloggers #FromMyHeart #QatarAirways #MuscatBloggers #omanbloggers
#GCCBloggers #alalampalace #Muscat #Middleeastbloggers #sunflower #acolorstory #momentslikethese
#ابشروا_بالعز_والخير #قطرنا #قطري #١٨_ديسمبر
O M A N
The perfect getaway from Doha
and when you do make sure you stay at the @intercontinentalmuscat
More from my trip and experience coming soon .
#intercontinentalhotel #intercontinentalmuscat
#muscat #muscatbloggers #muscathotels #omanhotels #omanbloggers #QatarBloggers #dohabloggers
M I G H T Y  M O U N T A I N SHow insignificantly small are we in the vicinity of mountains?
Yet we still find it hard to get rid of our arrogance.
I love an escape to nature every now and then.
It reminds me of all the blessings I need to be grateful for 🌱
And it is a reminder of how little I know
#wadishab #wadialshab #tiwi #oman #experienceoman #omanibloggers #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #valley #countyourblessings #beautifulplaces #beautifuldestinations #hikinginmyabaya #inmyniqab #inmyhijab #roadtrip #natureisbeautiful #followmeto
T H E  M A J E S T I C  T A J
How much joy can pretty sights and beautiful memories bring you?
How eye-opening is it through travel around the earth?
How much love can it take to build monuments of timeless beauty?
How much time and effort does it take to see beauty?
#TravelWithMe #TajMahal #EternalLove #TimelessBeauty #QatarBloggers #DohaBloggers #IndianBloggers #IncredibleIndia #2017 #Memories #GlobelleTravels #Instagram #Instagood #Photooftheday #InMyNiqab #InmyHijab #FromMyEyes
O M A N  R E C O M M E N D A T I O N S
A country of beautiful mosques and infinite natural beauty.
Whats your favorite spot in Oman?
#ExperienceOman #Oman #Muscat #GCCBloggers #QatarBloggers #Dohabloggers #Ruwi #Qurum #omanbloggers #middleeastbloggers #MiddleEast #Goingplacestogether
W I N T E R S
To sum up the feeling this time of the year - to making new memories and cherishing all the old ones
#qatarbloggers #travelislife #travelbloggers #greenlife #cleanbeauty #skopje #destination #Macedonia
Q A T A R 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦
With Qatar National Day around the corner, I cant but swell with pride about this country, and its rulers. So blessed to be able to call this place home ❤❤
#QatarBloggers #Dohabloggers #OurQatar #VisitQatar #seemydoha #seemycity #QND2017 #DohaCorniche #TraditionmeetsModern #QatarAirways
#قطرنا #ابشروا_بالعز_والخير
H O P E
I read this on a designer's dress from the @modestfashionweeks
Cant really recall who it was. I needed to hear it. 💜It was enlightening! 😇
" Close every door in my face and I will still push it open! "Break every barrier!
This to me is Hope. This to me helps standing out. This should be you too ❤❤ .
.#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #traveltheworld #thesholacrown #natureisbeautiful #life #momentslikethese #munnar #westernghats #travelislife #inmyniqab #DMFW