Getting Travel Ready with IKEA

Have you ever heard of staying travel ready with IKEA? They are best known for the items that make everything organized, and easy in our day to day life. That’s not the only thing IKEA makes easy for you. I have come up with a list for people like who are always on standby to travel – I am like just waiting for an excuse to fly.

Here are a few ideas on how organizing your travel essentials at home can make packing, and unpacking for travel a lot easier than it could ever be.

• Sort your items by activity/seasons:

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-travel-tips

TROFAST STORAGE BOX 42X30X36cm & FLYTTBAR BOXES from IKEA

Here’s how I broke it down:
Beach Essentials: Is beach a part of your next travel plan? Regardless, of whether you are flying abroad or visiting the beach in your neighbourhood, having all your essentials for the beach put together in one place makes packing so easy. You know where everything is. All you have to do is pick them up, and leave. If you are just driving to the beach, you might as well carry the box with the essentials. How easy! If you are flying, no worries either just empty the box into the suitcase, and voila you have all your  essentials.

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-beach-travel-tips

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-beach-ready-travel-tips

Winter Essentials: It’s rarely ever cold where I am, so the need of winter clothes are quite rare as well. What if you are flying to a country, and you have forgotten where you placed your mittens, your shawls, your moisturizer, and whatever else you need? That’s why having a winter essentials kit will save you all that hunt. You know where it’s all placed. Life’s Easy!

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-winter-ready-travel-tips

Party Essentials: Your best friend’s getting married all of a sudden, and you didn’t hear anything until two days before. You don’t know what to pack! IT’s a disaster trying to even think of where you kept your bling blings, and your party wear. That’s why this is going to be a saver.

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-party-travel-tips

These are a few essentials as per weather, and occasion I put together. You can add a lot more, and sort your closet even further.

If you have these ready regardless of whether you are travelling within the country or to a destination, you know you have all the essentials together in one place.

Also, when you are back from your journey, you know where everything should go back to, and so you wouldn’t have to think twice about unpacking because it’s easy peasy.

We as ladies, our essentials, and must –have’s don’t just end there. There’s a lot more we need to take with us. Sorting for travel has never been more easier.

Emergency essentials (Wherever the destination you take it with you – This includes a pen, a notepad, a USB with copies of your visas/ official documents, dental kit, comb, pain killers, Wet wipes, tissue, and anything you would need in an emergency situation)

TROFAST STORAGE BOX

TROFAST STORAGE BOX

Makeup ( Most girls would need more than what I have shown here. I am a little less makeup savvy that way. I prefer fragrances, skincare, and haircare products more than other kind of cosmetics)

TROFAST Storage Boxes

TROFAST Storage Boxes

Packaging ( depending on the number of days, and the essentails you need to put in, have all your makeup pouches, purses etc, at one place, so you don’t have to go searching for them away from where your products are)

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-travel-tips-packaging

Gadgets ( Adapters, Wires, Backup batteries, chargers, ear phones)

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-wires-trofast-organizing-travel-tips

And then you can have it all together in one place like this

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-trofast-storagetravel-tips

If you are into technology, you know there’s no going anywhere without chargers, and the means a lot of wires, and the means a messy corner.

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-wires-organizing-travel-tips

IKEA makes even that look like a breeze. You don’t have to worry about anyone seeing all those tangled wires in your room anymore.

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-wires-organized-travel-tips

IDEBO cable management bag from IKEA

Currencies, Travel Documents, Passport Size photos – You can put them into these cute boxes, and lock it up in the cupboard, or place them anywhere at your convenience.

FLYTTBAR Boxes from IKEA

FLYTTBAR Boxes from IKEA

What about after Travel?

The best part of travel is coming together with your family and sharing all your stories over good food.

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-food-travel-tips

FINSTILT series. Side plate. Patterned, FINSTILT paper napkin, FINSTILT serving bowl

And, what could even feel better than seeing your bed like that ready for you – with the perfect cup of tea to sip along with your partner, and relive those moments you had together. IKEA makes it all easy for you. IKEA has a solution!

qatar-blogger-ikea-creativity-with-kay-quilt-tea-travel

ROSENRIPS quilt cover,  FINSTILT mugs & Plate

ROSENRIPS quilt cover, FINSTILT mugs & Plate

What else would you suggest that I add as tips? Share your ideas with me as well in comments.

Disclaimer: This post was done as part of a collaboration between IKEA Qatar and Creativity with Kay. All ideas, and pictures are truly my own.

• Patricia
    December 8, 2016 at 12:34 am

I love organizational tools! Those cute boxes and the bins with the standard travel gear divided by season and reason are made for me. It’s one of my goals for 2017 is to be better organized on my work and travel fronts. Thanks for sharing!

• Anne
    December 8, 2016 at 1:43 am

I love the tower with all the storage boxes in it. All of my stuff like this is just unceremoniously chucked in a case until I need it, of course I often forget what is in there

• Candy
    December 8, 2016 at 4:36 am

This is such a great idea! I am huge on organizing and love to travel, so this would be perfect for me. Now, I just need to find room for those storage bins 🙂

• Thelittlelai: Beyond limits
    December 8, 2016 at 7:43 am

Wow, I salute you for being so organized with your travel essential. I’m not really organize when ai travel, maybe because I do backpacking and don’t even mind some sort of extra things on my backpack when I travel. This is the first time I’ve heard about this IKEA, it’ll surely be a help in the future.

• Christina
    December 8, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Your organization has inspired me! I need to stop by our local Ikea and pick up some Flyttbar boxes. I love the way the look but also how functional they are.

• Carmy
    December 8, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I really like the TROFAST Storage Boxes! Once organized, the easiness of grab and go is just perfect! Well more like grab and dump into my suitcase haha. Hopefully one day I’ll be this organized! Currently still haven’t unpacked my travel bag. Oops!

December 9, 2016 at 12:42 am

I am really lazy when it comes to unpacking but now that I have my TROFAST Boxes, and I know where to place my things, its a lot easier. Thanks for stopping by Carmy

• Tiffany
    December 8, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Great organization tips! I love being travel ready.

• Kerri
    December 9, 2016 at 2:54 am

I’m OCD when it comes to organisation. I have all my travel stuff sorted and stored and I know exactly where everything is. I travel a lot in motorhomes and we need to have the same organisation on board too. Great tips.

• Shehar
    December 9, 2016 at 2:58 am

I love Ikea for the same reason of being so versatile with their organizational products…being an OCD (Organizing, Cleaning Disorder) myself! Lovely ideas.

• Claire
    December 9, 2016 at 2:59 am

There are some great ideas here! I always manage to lose something that I put in a safe place and then can never find – if I had more useful storage ideas like this perhaps I wouldn’t lose things… but I probably still would lol

• Nicky Quinn
    December 9, 2016 at 10:39 am

Very creative. Thank you

• Dilraz
    December 9, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Organized.
    I wish i vould be!
    Im awwwful at this!

• Jishma
    December 9, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Oh my gosh !! This is one place I can shop foreve and ever… I love the idebo cable bag specially !!

• fazeelah
    December 9, 2016 at 2:38 pm

I am looking at new ways to keep organised, especially all my makeup. Love the ideas you shared.

• Kathryn
    December 9, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Greg would love this. We use drawers at the moment – an electric cable drawer (really), a medicine drawer, spare toiletries drawer ……etc. This is an ideal Christmas gift for him!

• Kiren Phul
    December 9, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Staying ‘travel ready’ this is genius!! I’m forever packing and unpacking, be it flying out somewhere or a day out. I will 100% be implementing this in my house xx

• Rachel
    December 10, 2016 at 8:32 pm

I’m a little more freeform when I pack for a vacation. I choose colors/themes and work my outfits around that. But I ilke the idea of having the essentials locked and loaded

• Polly (Follow Your Sunshine)
    December 10, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I needed some of these ideas in my life – thank you! I am the most disorganised person I know..especially now I have a baby in my life!

Polly xx

• Manju
    December 10, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Oh kay!! I am soon gonna grab few of those organizers from ikea… loved the ideas

• Luckilylenny
    December 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm

I love organizing as well but I need consistency in my life. First 5 days its organized, the next day – the rest is history.

• Gina
    December 13, 2016 at 1:33 am

I really like reading organizational posts. I never thought that things from IKEA could be so organizational because the furniture is difficult so to assemble. I really like the ideas that you have with the tower because it’s a good way to sort things for every season especially the beach. Having the essentials ready to go when you’re in a pinch like for the wedding is definitely a lifesaver.