Sky High Blue Waters & Dwarfed City Views | A Staycation

Amidst the hectic month that December was for me, Intercontinental Doha The City came upto me with a staycation idea to get away from the pressures of all the daunting tasks, and deadlines that were looming over me before I travelled. I accepted it right away without even thinking that this would mean more deadlines to meet. 😀 The idea of a staycation didn’t sound bad at all. I have been aiming to cover all kinds of Halal based experiences you can have while in Qatar, and when abroad through this little blog of mine. I have been kind of clear with that when most brands approach me to work with them or so, and I always look forward to see how much of attention is paid into such details. I can gladly say Intercontinental Doha The City passed.

Check-in to The Suite

We were staying there on a weekday, and not on a weekend. Mr. M came back from work, and we left for the Hotel. It was around 3 pm when we reached the hotel. We were welcomed in, and checked in within no time. We were staying at the Executive Suite, had an ambassador check-in, and were taken along with our bags to our rooms without any delay. The suite was quite spacious, and sunlight flooded into the room. The windows were from one edge to the other, and from the ceiling to the floor – in other words, one side of the room was completely windowed.

The most astonishing part of it all was even though we were in the midst of all the buzz of the city right in West Bay, you couldn’t feel it or hear anything at all. It was surprisingly quiet!

Our suite consisted of a living area with an attached toilet, concise desk space, a bedroom, with an attached bath.

The bath room was quite spacious with an elaborately spacious wash basin, a most comfortable bath tub, separately covered walk in showers, and toilet. The bath tub  had a magnificent view just like the bedroom, and living room.

There was also a prayer mat, and Quran placed in one of the drawers on the bedside table. For those looking to work from a different place with all the needed amenities, this hotel is a convenient one.

The View

I was absolutely in love with the view. I could stare at it all day, and I thought the day view was amazing. The night view was something I wasn’t prepared for. It was beautiful at night too.

While I am talking about the view, I want to make sure I mention the pool area. Although it isn’t separate for ladies, and gents, I went upstairs to have a sneak of the area. Being a workday, there weren’t really any men in the vicinity at all. The view, and the pool area was just brilliant. Since, it wasn’t completely covered, it allowed the breeze to come in. With the right amount of sunshine to keep myself warm, and the cool breeze, I didn’t want to leave the pool at all, and ended up staying there for hours.

Dining during the Staycation

We were welcomed to our staycation by a healthy fruit platter which was placed into our room a little after we checked in. We were booked into have Afternoon Tea at The Lobby Lounge. The Afternoon Teas are always changing based on the month’s theme. I have had their regular afternoon tea before. This time it was holiday themed. It’s a fairly good one from what is 95 QAR.

We had dinner as room service. The interesting part of their menu was in-addition to their regular in-room dining menu, they also offered specialties from their two restaurants – Hwang & Prime.

We had breakfast at The Square next morning. From our experience, we thought the breakfast buffet layout was a bit confusing, and we couldn’t find where all the dishes were kept.  So, I walked around the whole restaurant , all corners just to make sure we knew where everything was placed. It would have been even better if there was someone at the restaurant welcoming us, and just guiding us in words, or walking through the restaurant to familiarize guests with the layouts especially if they are first timers. The choice of food was excellent, and we had a sumptuous breakfast in the end. Food is all about being able to enjoy, Isn’t it?

That was all about my stay at the Intercontinental Doha The City – a short, and quick one. I have written a lot on it though already. Have you been there yet? Are you thinking of a staycation?

Also, my room number was 4415 just in case you would like to stay with the same view.

Disclaimer: Kay and Mr. M was a guest of the Hotel. However, all opinions written here are our own.

• Daphne of Girlswanderlust
    January 16, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Wow! Intercontinental Doha The City looks great! I love the view you had from your bathroom. The pool looks really amazing and so, does the Afternoon Tea at The Lobby Lounge. I like it that you provide your room number, so readers can book the same room with the amazing view. Great idea!

• Nina Zara
    January 16, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I think we (who will read this post ) will all save the room number just in case, because the views are really something. Especially the night view! Great review!

• Paige Wunder
    January 16, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Wow! You do Staycations right! My staycations are usually spent at home still. This looks absolutely amazing! That pool with the view is absolutely spectacular. It also helps that your hometown is Doha – mine is Springfield, MO. Haha!

• bonjourchiara
    January 17, 2017 at 1:46 pm

To those who say Doha is not pretty I would show your pics with that view of the city!!! Simply amazing 🙂

• Stella the Travelerette
    January 18, 2017 at 4:03 am

That looks like a fun staycation. The view from your hotel room is indeed incredible, and I’d love to go swimming in that pool. The afternoon tea tray looks tasty too!

• Sally
    January 18, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Looks like a great place to stay in Doha! Especially the view from the suite and the incredible food!

• Nana
    January 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Jesus what I view! Looks amazing but also a place I am probably never going to able to pay for haha ;D #cheaphostels4ever
    But the day I got money that is what I am looking for!
    Br Nana

• Chiera
    January 18, 2017 at 6:17 pm

This looks absolutely amazing! What incredible views in pure luxury!

• Jishma
    January 18, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I just wanna be in that bathtub forever … the view is spectacular

• Meghan
    January 18, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Staycations are always a good idea! Love that you are writing about it. I’ve never been to Qatar but this looks like a nice way to spend the day.

• Cori
    January 18, 2017 at 8:02 pm

That really is an amazing view! I love getting to stay somewhere else in my city and get to know a different side of it and a different area. It sounds like you had a great stay.

• Karen
    January 19, 2017 at 12:09 am

Love the little christmas tree for the afternoon tea! And those views are amazing. Hope you felt stress free by the end of your stay 🙂

• Anneklien Meanne
    January 19, 2017 at 3:25 am

The view is stunning… you don’t need to go for sightseeing … you got the best view already. I would be the same lounging at the pool and have a relaxing day.

• Clare
    January 19, 2017 at 6:33 am

Wow, the views are amazing. I would love to stay there and look out at those views during the day and the night. The view from the pool looks great too.

January 19, 2017 at 9:14 am

I had already read this the moment you posted! I am a proud email subscriber lol! Even in middle of the city IC Doha the City offers a relaxing vibe. That pool is just insane. Afternoon tea at their lobby is nice. What is the cuisine at Hwang?

• Manju
    January 19, 2017 at 11:53 am

That view looks really amazing… Looks like you had a great stay!! 🙂

• neha
    January 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm

The rooms look comfortable and sort of luxurious. And the food platters all look so yummy. This sounds like a perfect place for a staycation

• Marijana | Lady of Awesome
    January 19, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Oh wow! I went over your photos probably 10 times, as I can’t get enough of looking at those views from the room, the pool, and – oh my – especially the bathtub! 🙂 That must be one fantastic experience! I’ll keep this in mind if my path ever leads me to Qatar 🙂

• Shobha
    January 19, 2017 at 5:29 pm

I didn’t realise Qatar was so big. the bathtub with a view is pretty amazing. So high up you really don’t have any privacy issues do you?? Looks like you had a great staycation.

• Dilraz
    January 20, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Loooks so nice.
    And i love that they arranged a prayer mat and Holy Quran.
    The details. Amazing!