How to Brew that Perfect Cup of Tea | Jing

I am not that person who cannot live without tea or coffee. I enjoy both of them from time to time. However, learning about their growth, types, and everything that has to brewing that perfect cup, I wouldn’t pass it by just like that. Having been to the world’s highest tea plantation just last month, and a year ago travelling through as many tea plantation, and all experiences – tea I could while in Sri Lanka, I was nothing but delighted when an invite for a tea masterclass came in – Why not?

Having been to the Highest Tea Plantation in the World just last month, and going through Sri Lanka’s various tea estates, tea museums, and tea factory the year before, I am always fascinated about experiencing and learning anything that has got to do with Tea.

January is International Hot Tea Month. It is said that tea was founded when dried leaves landed in a boiling cup of water served to the Chinese Emperor Shen Nung.

Our masterclass was arranged in the outdoor seating of the Lobby Lounge at The Westin Doha. It was quite windy that day, and the wind was strong enough to even knock down a potted plant off the table. In this cold, and windy setting, there was nothing like some freshly brewed tea to keep us warm.

Jing Tea is one of the most premium teas in the world, and the company was founded in 2004. We were given a chance to see the difference in quality of the tea. The aroma, the packaging, the concept – everything was well thought about, and put together.

For a cup of tea, normally around 4 grams of tea leaves are recommended.

• Valerie
    January 23, 2017 at 12:33 am

This post makes me realize how little I know about tea! That is such a good tip about putting a little room temp water on the white & green tea before covering with boiling, it never would have occurred to me. I would absolutely love to go to a tea plantation one day. The highest one in the world- was that in Sri Lanka?

January 23, 2017 at 1:33 am

The highest tea plantation in the world is in India

• Fiona Mai
    January 23, 2017 at 1:50 am

Oh wow, it’s always interesting to learn about the tea culture in each country. I’m living in the UK where drinking tea is a serious topic. Also in Japan the tea serving and brewing process is quite complicated, too. Great to know more about brewing tea in Sri Lanka. Thanks for sharing!

• Lena from fouronaworldtrip
    January 23, 2017 at 1:42 pm

great article! I am always amazed to find so much detail and science in a drink (or food) that I just casually drink without giving it much thought or being able to figure out any differences. It makes me appreciate it more knowing that it’s not just a random drink 🙂 Thank you for that!

• Lydia@LifeUntraveled
    January 23, 2017 at 8:58 pm

I don’t drink much tea but my boyfriend is a big fan so when we traveled to Sri Lanka and India two years ago, he purchased a bunch of different teas from different regions. It’s fascinating how such a simple beverage can be so complex to prepare!

• claire
    January 24, 2017 at 5:23 am

This would be my perfect day! I’m such a huge tea fan. I’m British so its in my blood haha. I love tea so much I brought a tone of herbs with me on the road and some Yorkshire tea bags so I never have to do without!

• Cori
    January 24, 2017 at 5:16 pm

There was a while in my life where all of my tea was brought back from Sri Lanka for me, as a friend would go back to see his family regularly. Despite this, I’d never really thought about how cool it would be to go to Sri Lankan tea plantations myself. Very neat!

January 24, 2017 at 6:37 pm

The tea plantations are amazing just to look at. And the tea brands and packaging that you will see in Sri Lanka those are such bank breakers. So pretty and different that you want them all. You should definitely visit Sri Lanka if you get the chance to. Its a beautiful country. My masterclass was in Doha where am based ☺

• Sarah Kim
    January 24, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Oh I’d love to take a masterclass for tea! I only found out that tea leaves are supposed to be boiled at different temperatures because of this water boiler that I bought. It actually has different marks for white tea vs. coffee so I don’t have to think twice about what’s best!

January 24, 2017 at 6:35 pm

That is such a cool water boiler. So informative when its just a boiler. Where did you get that from?

• Scott Balaam
    January 25, 2017 at 11:35 am

Love this – first time I’ve ever read an article about ‘tea’ … I loved the picture of Jing Chamomile. It’s amazing how many different types of tea there are.

• Erica - The Manini Experience
    January 25, 2017 at 7:27 pm

I love tea so much and especially appreciate the process of making tea. That photo of the woman picking the tea leaves is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

• Shobha
    January 25, 2017 at 9:13 pm

I had no idea that different tea was brewed differently! I’d love to do this so I can learn more. I love tea but only ever have either green tea or English Breakfast.

• Sarah @Daydreams of Summertime
    January 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm

I would love to take a masterclass in tea making! I am British so take tea drinking very seriously. I own a few types of tea by Jing that have been sitting in my cupboard for a while and this post has inspired me to get them out and drink them!

• Milena
    January 27, 2017 at 1:58 am

As a real tea lover, I find this post so useful! Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to taste Jing Tea, but it looks really good from your picture and description. Thanks for sharing!

• Emily
    January 28, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Sounds like a perfect day. Tea absolutely has to be taken seriously – it’s a way of life for us Brits! The teapots the Sri Lankans use here are beautiful as you can watch the tea brewing. I’ll definitely have to go here if I get to Sri Lanka!

• The Common Wanderer
    January 29, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Tea was our saviour each morning on our RTW trip. If’s funny how some leaves and boiling water can make life worth living each morning 🙂

• Jesper, The Biveros Effect
    January 29, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Wow, the art of tea really is something. My normal cup of tea with some honey sounds quite simple in comparison. 🙂

L I T T L E  D E T A I L S 🌹
Yesterday I received this classic pair of sandals from @adeoleather with the most thoughtful details added to it while delivering.
The personalised dustbag, the beautiful rose, the little cards , everything. 😍
Also, I am in love with every design they have made so far in their collection and the colors - Timeless Style and Chic Looking, wouldnt you want a pair for yourself?
The price is a steal. I am literally eyeing for my next pair from them too.😅
Share this with a friend if you think they would like it too.#SupportLocal #localartisans #handmade #affordablefashion #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Bella #AdeoLeather #LeatherSandals
نسيم بارد وصحبة طيبة تعيد لك الذكريات الجميلة
J O Y 🐰💚
When hanging out with some people take you back in time and remind you of the good times. Does it happen to you? .
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #macedonia #ohrid #qatarairways #europe #Goingplacestogether #nofilter #creativitywithkay #balkan #moodygrams
#agameoftones #justgoshoot #killeverygram #uncalculated #waytoill #theimaged #fatalframes #bevisuallyinspired  #theartofslowliving #theweekoninstagram #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmatters #momentslikethese #mymonthofsundays #theculturetrip .
.  #forahappymoment #prettycity #darlingescapes #tasteintravel
هنا الدوحة
T H I S  I S  D O H A
@ritzcarltondoha
The city I was born in, the place I grew up, the place I am proud to call home. Isnt it beautiful? Futuristic with so much character!
#QatarBloggers #Dohabloggers #RCMemories #ritzcarltonhotels #ritzcarlton #seemydoha
B E A C H  D U P L E X  P O O L  V I L L A @kandolhu 🏝
An experience I am thankful for, and one that I wont forget.
find why on my blog. Have you read it yet?
Link in bio @creativitywithkay .
#qatarbloggers #Dohabloggers
#maldiveslovers
#maldivianlife #maldives #sunnysideoflife #duplex #beachpool #beachvilla
S P A  M O M E N T S
@dhigalimaldives
Reliving memories that I have had as I write a blog post is something that happens naturally.
I always try and reimagine the moment and the exact feeling I experienced. And right now, I would really wish you knew how it felt to be here at that exact moment.A moment in time from my memories at Dhigali spa .
#Maldives #sunnysideoflife #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivianlife #familyresort #islandlife #Spamoments #momentslikethese #placestovisit
M Y  P A S S I O N 🤗 #Heya12 #HeyaFashionWeek
Believe in yourself and work hard. Life will take you to amazing places of course it doesnt come easy#repost from @primrosefernandes -  Our very own blogger @creativitywithkay On stage speaking on how to be a successful blogger!
#heyabydcz #heyaarabianfashion #heya #luxury #elegant #doha #dczqtr #whowhatwear #detailsareeverything #lovelysquares #stylemacarons #thehappynow #thatsdarling #supportlocal #qatarfashion #qataridesigner #madeinQatar #pursuepretty #pretty #fashion #designer #MyVeilStory #InMyNiqab
K A N D O L H U
on the blog now, my experience in stormy @maldives and the exemplary hospitality at @kandolhu
Link in bio @creativitywithkay
#QatarBloggers #Dohabloggers #sunnysideoflife #Maldives #swimmingpool #beachlife #momentslikethese #mymonthofsundays #TraveltheWorld #BloggerLife #boss_hotels
B E A U T Y
I am normally never one to go close to animals because I am scared of them. Sometime their beauty is so captivating. As this creature was in my way and I saw so much beauty in it, I had to capture it with my lens.
As I sit and ponder, there isnt anything 'ugly' around us if we see beauty in it.
@kandolhu
#sunnysideoflife #maldives #animalplanet #animallovers #animalloversofinstagram #QatarBloggers #dohabloggers #culturalambassador #lifelessons