A Lesson on Pure Honey by Asala

I happened to attend what was the first honey tasting event in Doha by Asala Honey. Asala honey has brought to Doha the purest of honeys from different parts of the world. Read all the way to the end to find out where you can get your hands on all the delicious honey.

I went with a lot of questions, and came back with everything answered, and much more info about honey than I can imagine.

“What does real honey look like?” It could look like anywhere from clear to really dark brown. It can also have crystallized formation which isn’t a sign of added sugar. It really is honey, and will lose its solid form once you keep the bottle in which the honey is stored in water around 35 degrees celsius.

“How can I store it without spoiling it?” Honey is best preserved by storing it in a glass container. You have to keep it away from direct sunlight, and moisture.

“How long will pure honey last?” Raw and pure honey can last even for a hundred years and not get spoilt if preserved well.

“Without additives?” I ask again. Yes without additives. IT can last that long!

Yemeni honey is considered to be one of the finest in the world due to its values, and the way it is harvested in.

There was the limited edition wild mountain white honey which was as white as honey can be. The taste obviously is now a mere memory in my head as of course all honeys I tasted were all quite similar, and yet different in its own way. This honey is of outstanding medicinal value as the bees collect it from more than 70 types of scarce wild mountain flowers and grasses that grow only in winter. Some of these flowers and grasses grow for a limited time which may exceed not more than 24 days in a year at the peak of high mountains in the western regions of  Yemen at a height of more than 3,500 metres above sea level where the environment and soil are clean and pollution free.

The others from Yemen which you can find at the store includes a limited Wild Moutain Almond honey, Wild moutain Sidr honey of Aussaiamat, Wild mountain sidr honey of Doan, Wild mountain Sidr honey of Jardan, Wild Sidr honey of Doan, Wild Somar honey of Doan, Wild Flowers Honey, and Wild Sal Flowers Honey.

Heard of Medicinal Honey? Manuka honey from New Zealand is one of the best in the world due to its medical uses and health benefits. You can get your hands on them as well if you visit the store.

And, then there was French Honey!

Established in 1890, honey has been the life-blood of the Perronneau family from France for over 120 years. Those that know honey know that every vintage has its own unique flavor characteristics, texture, color and flavor. Its texture can range from liquid to creamy to crystalline. Its flavor can range from fragrantly floral to spicy and savory, depending on the pollen variety, the weather, the year and when exactly the nectar is collected.

And the color can also range from perfectly white to clear to dark, amber brown. Additionally, even a specific mono-floral honey can change depending on the year and when during the season the pollen was collected.

Honey temperature must never exceed 35 degrees Celsius, the maximum temperature inside a bee hive. Controlling the temperature helps ensure that the honey will maintain its efficacy and health qualities.

That is why you only want to eat “raw” honey, why you never want to liquefy your honey in the microwave (only in a hot water bath), and why that stuff in the squeezable bear is always liquid and doesn’t taste like much – nor will it do much for you or your palette.

The French Honey flavors we tried included the chestnut honey which had a bitter after taste, eucalyptus honey which was good to treat the sinuses, Linden tree honey which was good for sore throats, and cough, Acacia honey, Lavender honey, Orange honey, rosemary honey, mint honey, coriander honey, almond honey, thyme honey, and avocado honey to name a few. All these were naturally collected and came in a glass jar with absolutely no additives.

Curious to find where you can buy all this amazing honey from? Gold Gourmet at La Croisette 1 at The Pearl, and Gold Gourmet at The Gulf Mall stocks them. Are you a honey lover? Whats your favorite kind of honey?

• Fatima
    March 6, 2017 at 4:14 pm

I have been researching about the different types of honey available in the market. Never heard of this brand but I’ve heard Manuka honey is really good.

• Nima
    March 6, 2017 at 5:02 pm

I love honey it’s realy hard to find a pure one in africa though

• Nasra
    March 6, 2017 at 5:10 pm

I love honey. I would usually only take Yemeni Sidr honey as it is a family favorite and has great benefits for the body. But recently a friend of mine that is a nutritionist advised me to start taking local raw honey as well as it helps with allergies. The local bees collect pollen that causes allergies. That can help desensitize allergic reactions.
    Your post is excellent, thank you.

Xoxo

• Farah Abdullah
    March 7, 2017 at 9:47 am

Wow sis, did you get to buy any? Which one did you choose from all of these? I do love honey, but it’s very scarcely found around here… but there are Muslim shops that import originals and they are like soooooooo expensive.

March 7, 2017 at 10:44 am

I didn’t buy them. They gave me 3 small bottles of honey for covering the event. Yes pure honey is so expensive especially the tasty ones.

• Aminat
    March 7, 2017 at 10:29 pm

I remember when I first learned that a lot of honey sold in most stores aren’t actually pure honey. So disappointing. The real stuff taste amazing on desserts.

• Christal Joan
    March 8, 2017 at 9:48 am

I love honey, it’s great for everything! Skin, hair, healing cuts, you name it. I like the floral tasting honeys the most. I have read about a honey that was discovered after a couple hundred years subhanAllah and it was still fresh!

What a brilliant sunnah food alhamdulillah!

• The Rimsky Project
    March 8, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Wow there’s so much I didn’t know! I had no idea pure honey could last for 100 years :O that’s amazing. thanks for writing such an informative post 🙂

• Tamanna
    March 8, 2017 at 3:00 pm

wow So amazed to know more about Honey. A miraculous shifa too. I always buy the Raw Homey from my local shops in Canada here. It’s very thick and creamy usually and have no after taste

• UmmBilal
    March 9, 2017 at 10:27 am

It looks like a lot of fun and a lot of healing. I am sure they are pretty expensive too. I just now honey and manuka honey (started as a rave for skincare in my country recently)

March 9, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Been wanting to read your blog posts since so many days! The white creamy honey is the kind of honey I really like. The dark amber ones are too sweet for my taste except for the chestnut honey that was really different

W A L K I N G
Is walking part of your lifestyle?
The concept of walking is a little bit alien to my lifestyle. Probably because of the oppressive heat here most months. My go-to place for walks  here in Doha would be a mall and probably the aspire park when the weather is cooler
Seeing places like these to walk through made me realize why walking is not only a part of everyday lifestyle in other places. Walking is leisure ☺ .
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #historicsites #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #kokino #kumanovo  #Macedonianplaces #wiew #ohridcity #Šarena  #tetovo #ŠarenaDžamija #Džamija  #ottomanarchitecture #fyrom #balkan #goingplacestogether #themacedonianlife
M A V R O V O
What does your weekend plan look like?This picture was shot on my #SamsungS8 at Mavrova , Macedonia is a country that is worth seeing and experiencing. A hidden gem in Europe!Have you been ? What is your must visit travel destination?
🇲🇰 .
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #myunicornlife #momentslikethese #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #mavrova #inspiremyinstagram #mavrovanationalpark #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers  #Macedonianplaces #wiew  #ohridlake #lakeohrid #albania #fyrom #balkan #goingplacestogether
T R O P I C A L  J U N G L E
How would you caption this shot?
What I loved about @dhigalimaldives was it was more a family style resort in the Maldives - a place where you could experience culture and nature together - a very different scene in the Maldives
.@dhigalimaldives 🛑
F R I E N D S H I  P🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰
Nothing bad comes out of being kind. This journey of mine has allowed me to meet kind people from around the world. My friend took me to her childhood friend's place when I visited Macedonia. This beautiful succulent was in her place.😍 It was amazing to see and experience the place more than just being a tourist. For what to do and where to be when you travel to Macedonia, Follow @experienceskopje 🇲🇰 I believe in the fact that there is something good in everybody.💫 Maybe we wont get along with everyone. But, we do not have to dwell on the negativities in our life because there are too many amazing people we are surrounded by and worth our positive vibes everyday 😊😊
🛫@qatarairways flies to Skopje from Doha 4 times a week 🛑
🏡Where to stay in Macedonia: @skopjemarriott
🛑 .
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces #wiew #macedoniasquare #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #myunicornlife #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #canyonmatka #matkacanyon #matka #littlethingsinlife #simplelife
P E R S O N A L  T O U C H E SWhat do you think of my personalised sneakers? 👟👟
Happiness is when the best mall in town @dohafestcity sends you these personalised @vans
As you all know, there's always something more than just your shopping🛍🛍 experience when you are at Doha Festival City! 💫💫
This time they have a Personalisation Station 🖌🖌🖊🖍as part of their back to school campaign where you can customise your sneakers or backpacks to your own taste.It's on from 10-23 September on the first floor of the centre court!
Go Get Yours too Now 😊😊 .
.#CelebrationEverywhere #Vans #vansoffthewall #offthewall #vansshoes #QatarBloggers #DohaBloggers #DohaFestivalCity #Shoestagram #shoegram #shoesoftheday #backtoschool #personalised #shoeaddict
I found this place so cosy, so pretty, so inviting, so peaceful - that it felt like home 🏡🏡 What does home mean to you?
I would definitely go back to Macedonia again for I Haven't had enough of the country. 💓💓
Getting there was quite a story and I will share that another time. .
. 🛫@qatarairways flies to Skopje from Doha 4 times a week 🛑
🏡Where to stay in Macedonia: @skopjemarriott
🚘How to get here: Lake Ohrid Is a 3 hours drive from Skopje .
.Hijab: @nayabhijabs
Hat: Picked them while street shopping in Skopje
Bag: @Fashidence
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces #wiew #ohridcity #ohridlake #lakeohrid #albania #fyrom #balkan #goingplacestogether #chichijab
Z E NWater - so therapeutic, so powerful
A glimpse into our private pool at @kandolhu
There won't be words to describe the beauty most of the times Yet I try ! .
🚘How to get here: Kandolhu is a journey of 25 minutes by sea plane from Male and 14 minutes ride thereafter in a speed boat .
#qatarblogger #whitesand #beachlife #beaches #travelblogger #swimmingpool #oceanvilla #qatarairways #privatepool #honeymoondestination #sunandsea #maldiveslovers #sunnysideoflife #traveltheworld #visitmaldives #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivesresort #maldives2017 #maldivesislands #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmaldives #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #maldives #kandolhudhoo #kandolhu #beautifulhotels #luxuryhotelpix
May your Friday be filled with joy, inspiration, enlightenment and prosperity!More on the picture:
This is a mosque built by 2 sisters from the Ottoman Period (1438) and is in Tetovo - a city in Macedonia.The Šarena Džamija was originally built in 1438. The architect behind the Šarena Džamija was Isak Bey.Most mosques of the time had sultans, beysor pashas financing their constructions, but the Šarena Džamija, however, was financed by two sisters from Tetovo. As with many mosques, a hammam was built nearby across the river.The site used to include an Inn as well as a bathhouse on the other side of the river. The current courtyard of the Šarena Džamija is filled with many flowers, a fountain, and aTürbe. The octagonal "türbe" houses the resting places of Hurshida and Mensure, the two sisters who financed the construction of the mosque in 1438. .
🇲🇰
. . . 🛫@qatarairways flies to Skopje from Doha 4 times a week 🛑
🛑 🛑
🚘How to get here: Tetovo Is around a little less than an hours drive from Skopje .