START Doha | Art for Tomorrow

I have always been inspired by art, and love seeing them, and spending time on them. So, when I got an invite to attend the VIP opening of START Doha at the W Hotel, I did not think twice before I said yes to attending the event. START is a partnership between Saatchi Gallery and Parallel Contemporary Art

Now, here’s one thing about art, and about people that is thought provoking. If art created by people has so much value, how much more value is a human being worth? Art works that don’t get different treatment whether the artist was an Arab, African, American, Indian, or French, art works that are admired regardless of the origin, don’t people deserve the same too? No one needs to be reminded of this in aย perfect world, but, the world isn’t perfect, and reminders are needed constantly in this direction.

Moving on to the Exhibition itself, it’s happening in the 29th floor of W Doha, and is on until today 9 pm. SO, make sure you go check it out.

“At its heart, Art for Tomorrow aims to explore how art and culture can act as a catalyst for growth, a mechanism for national branding, and a vital source of commercial and diplomatic power.” – Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr. , Chairman of The New York Times Company and Publisher of The New York Times.

For those who couldn’t make it, here’s a glimpse of some of the exhibits on display.

March 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Woow! The art works look amazing. The colors are just marvellous. The display makes it really curious too! So bad I did not go but then again you know its far! Haha

• Aicha
    March 15, 2017 at 7:48 pm

As Salam Alikum sister
    Wow that are is very nice thanks for sharing your post with us

• Meera
    March 16, 2017 at 5:42 am

I loved that Sujood sculpture and the black and gold calligraphy painting. MashaAllah, these are beautiful and very creative. ๐Ÿ™‚

• UmmBilal
    March 16, 2017 at 10:07 am

Looks really pretty and like a lot of fun. Allah has gifted people with such talent. MashaAllah

• Farah Abdullah
    March 17, 2017 at 6:11 am

Wow. I’ve always been into art, having drawing and painting as my hobbies (dead hobbies) back then when I had more time for them. I’ve not really seen a lot of Islamic-themed artwork. These are really refreshing for me. And it makes me want to make something of my own, as a new Muslim into art.

• Aaliyah
    March 17, 2017 at 9:29 am

There are some great pieces of art there. It’s amazing what one can create.

• sainab
    March 17, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Wow, some of those artworks are just so stunning! ai love anything to do with art!

• Iman
    March 18, 2017 at 2:25 am

I love some of those pieces – they are absolutely stunning. So thought-provoking! I love the venue too – it’s gorgeous!

• Zainab Dokrat
    March 19, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Beautiful pieces!! (www.beautywithzainy.com and http://www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)

L I T T L E  D E T A I L S ๐ŸŒน
Yesterday I received this classic pair of sandals from @adeoleather with the most thoughtful details added to it while delivering.
The personalised dustbag, the beautiful rose, the little cards , everything. ๐Ÿ˜
Also, I am in love with every design they have made so far in their collection and the colors - Timeless Style and Chic Looking, wouldnt you want a pair for yourself?
The price is a steal. I am literally eyeing for my next pair from them too.๐Ÿ˜…
Share this with a friend if you think they would like it too.#SupportLocal #localartisans #handmade #affordablefashion #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Bella #AdeoLeather #LeatherSandals
ู†ุณูŠู… ุจุงุฑุฏ ูˆุตุญุจุฉ ุทูŠุจุฉ ุชุนูŠุฏ ู„ูƒ ุงู„ุฐูƒุฑูŠุงุช ุงู„ุฌู…ูŠู„ุฉ
J O Y ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ’š
When hanging out with some people take you back in time and remind you of the good times. Does it happen to you? .
#qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #macedonia #ohrid #qatarairways #europe #Goingplacestogether #nofilter #creativitywithkay #balkan #moodygrams
#agameoftones #justgoshoot #killeverygram #uncalculated #waytoill #theimaged #fatalframes #bevisuallyinspired  #theartofslowliving #theweekoninstagram #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmatters #momentslikethese #mymonthofsundays #theculturetrip .
.  #forahappymoment #prettycity #darlingescapes #tasteintravel
ู‡ู†ุง ุงู„ุฏูˆุญุฉ
T H I S  I S  D O H A
@ritzcarltondoha
The city I was born in, the place I grew up, the place I am proud to call home. Isnt it beautiful? Futuristic with so much character!
#QatarBloggers #Dohabloggers #RCMemories #ritzcarltonhotels #ritzcarlton #seemydoha
B E A C H  D U P L E X  P O O L  V I L L A @kandolhu ๐Ÿ
An experience I am thankful for, and one that I wont forget.
find why on my blog. Have you read it yet?
Link in bio @creativitywithkay .
#qatarbloggers #Dohabloggers
#maldiveslovers
#maldivianlife #maldives #sunnysideoflife #duplex #beachpool #beachvilla
S P A  M O M E N T S
@dhigalimaldives
Reliving memories that I have had as I write a blog post is something that happens naturally.
I always try and reimagine the moment and the exact feeling I experienced. And right now, I would really wish you knew how it felt to be here at that exact moment.A moment in time from my memories at Dhigali spa .
#Maldives #sunnysideoflife #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivianlife #familyresort #islandlife #Spamoments #momentslikethese #placestovisit
M Y  P A S S I O N ๐Ÿค— #Heya12 #HeyaFashionWeek
Believe in yourself and work hard. Life will take you to amazing places of course it doesnt come easy#repost from @primrosefernandes -  Our very own blogger @creativitywithkay On stage speaking on how to be a successful blogger!
#heyabydcz #heyaarabianfashion #heya #luxury #elegant #doha #dczqtr #whowhatwear #detailsareeverything #lovelysquares #stylemacarons #thehappynow #thatsdarling #supportlocal #qatarfashion #qataridesigner #madeinQatar #pursuepretty #pretty #fashion #designer #MyVeilStory #InMyNiqab
K A N D O L H U
on the blog now, my experience in stormy @maldives and the exemplary hospitality at @kandolhu
Link in bio @creativitywithkay
#QatarBloggers #Dohabloggers #sunnysideoflife #Maldives #swimmingpool #beachlife #momentslikethese #mymonthofsundays #TraveltheWorld #BloggerLife #boss_hotels
B E A U T Y
I am normally never one to go close to animals because I am scared of them. Sometime their beauty is so captivating. As this creature was in my way and I saw so much beauty in it, I had to capture it with my lens.
As I sit and ponder, there isnt anything 'ugly' around us if we see beauty in it.
@kandolhu
#sunnysideoflife #maldives #animalplanet #animallovers #animalloversofinstagram #QatarBloggers #dohabloggers #culturalambassador #lifelessons