START Doha | Art for Tomorrow

I have always been inspired by art, and love seeing them, and spending time on them. So, when I got an invite to attend the VIP opening of START Doha at the W Hotel, I did not think twice before I said yes to attending the event. START is a partnership between Saatchi Gallery and Parallel Contemporary Art

Now, here’s one thing about art, and about people that is thought provoking. If art created by people has so much value, how much more value is a human being worth? Art works that don’t get different treatment whether the artist was an Arab, African, American, Indian, or French, art works that are admired regardless of the origin, don’t people deserve the same too? No one needs to be reminded of this in a perfect world, but, the world isn’t perfect, and reminders are needed constantly in this direction.

Moving on to the Exhibition itself, it’s happening in the 29th floor of W Doha, and is on until today 9 pm. SO, make sure you go check it out.

“At its heart, Art for Tomorrow aims to explore how art and culture can act as a catalyst for growth, a mechanism for national branding, and a vital source of commercial and diplomatic power.” – Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr. , Chairman of The New York Times Company and Publisher of The New York Times.

For those who couldn’t make it, here’s a glimpse of some of the exhibits on display.

March 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Woow! The art works look amazing. The colors are just marvellous. The display makes it really curious too! So bad I did not go but then again you know its far! Haha

• Aicha
    March 15, 2017 at 7:48 pm

As Salam Alikum sister
    Wow that are is very nice thanks for sharing your post with us

• Meera
    March 16, 2017 at 5:42 am

I loved that Sujood sculpture and the black and gold calligraphy painting. MashaAllah, these are beautiful and very creative. 🙂

• UmmBilal
    March 16, 2017 at 10:07 am

Looks really pretty and like a lot of fun. Allah has gifted people with such talent. MashaAllah

• Farah Abdullah
    March 17, 2017 at 6:11 am

Wow. I’ve always been into art, having drawing and painting as my hobbies (dead hobbies) back then when I had more time for them. I’ve not really seen a lot of Islamic-themed artwork. These are really refreshing for me. And it makes me want to make something of my own, as a new Muslim into art.

• Aaliyah
    March 17, 2017 at 9:29 am

There are some great pieces of art there. It’s amazing what one can create.

• sainab
    March 17, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Wow, some of those artworks are just so stunning! ai love anything to do with art!

• Iman
    March 18, 2017 at 2:25 am

I love some of those pieces – they are absolutely stunning. So thought-provoking! I love the venue too – it’s gorgeous!

• Zainab Dokrat
    March 19, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Beautiful pieces!! (www.beautywithzainy.com and http://www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)

W A L K I N G
Is walking part of your lifestyle?
The concept of walking is a little bit alien to my lifestyle. Probably because of the oppressive heat here most months. My go-to place for walks  here in Doha would be a mall and probably the aspire park when the weather is cooler
Seeing places like these to walk through made me realize why walking is not only a part of everyday lifestyle in other places. Walking is leisure ☺ .
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #historicsites #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #kokino #kumanovo  #Macedonianplaces #wiew #ohridcity #Šarena  #tetovo #ŠarenaDžamija #Džamija  #ottomanarchitecture #fyrom #balkan #goingplacestogether #themacedonianlife
M A V R O V O
What does your weekend plan look like?This picture was shot on my #SamsungS8 at Mavrova , Macedonia is a country that is worth seeing and experiencing. A hidden gem in Europe!Have you been ? What is your must visit travel destination?
🇲🇰 .
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #myunicornlife #momentslikethese #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #mavrova #inspiremyinstagram #mavrovanationalpark #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers  #Macedonianplaces #wiew  #ohridlake #lakeohrid #albania #fyrom #balkan #goingplacestogether
T R O P I C A L  J U N G L E
How would you caption this shot?
What I loved about @dhigalimaldives was it was more a family style resort in the Maldives - a place where you could experience culture and nature together - a very different scene in the Maldives
.@dhigalimaldives 🛑
F R I E N D S H I  P🇲🇰🇲🇰🇲🇰
Nothing bad comes out of being kind. This journey of mine has allowed me to meet kind people from around the world. My friend took me to her childhood friend's place when I visited Macedonia. This beautiful succulent was in her place.😍 It was amazing to see and experience the place more than just being a tourist. For what to do and where to be when you travel to Macedonia, Follow @experienceskopje 🇲🇰 I believe in the fact that there is something good in everybody.💫 Maybe we wont get along with everyone. But, we do not have to dwell on the negativities in our life because there are too many amazing people we are surrounded by and worth our positive vibes everyday 😊😊
🛫@qatarairways flies to Skopje from Doha 4 times a week 🛑
🏡Where to stay in Macedonia: @skopjemarriott
🛑 .
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces #wiew #macedoniasquare #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #myunicornlife #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #canyonmatka #matkacanyon #matka #littlethingsinlife #simplelife
P E R S O N A L  T O U C H E SWhat do you think of my personalised sneakers? 👟👟
Happiness is when the best mall in town @dohafestcity sends you these personalised @vans
As you all know, there's always something more than just your shopping🛍🛍 experience when you are at Doha Festival City! 💫💫
This time they have a Personalisation Station 🖌🖌🖊🖍as part of their back to school campaign where you can customise your sneakers or backpacks to your own taste.It's on from 10-23 September on the first floor of the centre court!
Go Get Yours too Now 😊😊 .
.#CelebrationEverywhere #Vans #vansoffthewall #offthewall #vansshoes #QatarBloggers #DohaBloggers #DohaFestivalCity #Shoestagram #shoegram #shoesoftheday #backtoschool #personalised #shoeaddict
I found this place so cosy, so pretty, so inviting, so peaceful - that it felt like home 🏡🏡 What does home mean to you?
I would definitely go back to Macedonia again for I Haven't had enough of the country. 💓💓
Getting there was quite a story and I will share that another time. .
. 🛫@qatarairways flies to Skopje from Doha 4 times a week 🛑
🏡Where to stay in Macedonia: @skopjemarriott
🚘How to get here: Lake Ohrid Is a 3 hours drive from Skopje .
.Hijab: @nayabhijabs
Hat: Picked them while street shopping in Skopje
Bag: @Fashidence
#qatarbloggers #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces #wiew #ohridcity #ohridlake #lakeohrid #albania #fyrom #balkan #goingplacestogether #chichijab
Z E NWater - so therapeutic, so powerful
A glimpse into our private pool at @kandolhu
There won't be words to describe the beauty most of the times Yet I try ! .
🚘How to get here: Kandolhu is a journey of 25 minutes by sea plane from Male and 14 minutes ride thereafter in a speed boat .
#qatarblogger #whitesand #beachlife #beaches #travelblogger #swimmingpool #oceanvilla #qatarairways #privatepool #honeymoondestination #sunandsea #maldiveslovers #sunnysideoflife #traveltheworld #visitmaldives #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #maldivesresort #maldives2017 #maldivesislands #stylemacarons #inspiremyinstagram #beautifulmaldives #beautifuldestinations #beautifulplaces #maldives #kandolhudhoo #kandolhu #beautifulhotels #luxuryhotelpix
May your Friday be filled with joy, inspiration, enlightenment and prosperity!More on the picture:
This is a mosque built by 2 sisters from the Ottoman Period (1438) and is in Tetovo - a city in Macedonia.The Šarena Džamija was originally built in 1438. The architect behind the Šarena Džamija was Isak Bey.Most mosques of the time had sultans, beysor pashas financing their constructions, but the Šarena Džamija, however, was financed by two sisters from Tetovo. As with many mosques, a hammam was built nearby across the river.The site used to include an Inn as well as a bathhouse on the other side of the river. The current courtyard of the Šarena Džamija is filled with many flowers, a fountain, and aTürbe. The octagonal "türbe" houses the resting places of Hurshida and Mensure, the two sisters who financed the construction of the mosque in 1438. .
🇲🇰
. . . 🛫@qatarairways flies to Skopje from Doha 4 times a week 🛑
🛑 🛑
🚘How to get here: Tetovo Is around a little less than an hours drive from Skopje .