START Doha | Art for Tomorrow

I have always been inspired by art, and love seeing them, and spending time on them. So, when I got an invite to attend the VIP opening of START Doha at the W Hotel, I did not think twice before I said yes to attending the event. START is a partnership between Saatchi Gallery and Parallel Contemporary Art

Now, here’s one thing about art, and about people that is thought provoking. If art created by people has so much value, how much more value is a human being worth? Art works that don’t get different treatment whether the artist was an Arab, African, American, Indian, or French, art works that are admired regardless of the origin, don’t people deserve the same too? No one needs to be reminded of this in a perfect world, but, the world isn’t perfect, and reminders are needed constantly in this direction.

Moving on to the Exhibition itself, it’s happening in the 29th floor of W Doha, and is on until today 9 pm. SO, make sure you go check it out.

“At its heart, Art for Tomorrow aims to explore how art and culture can act as a catalyst for growth, a mechanism for national branding, and a vital source of commercial and diplomatic power.” – Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr. , Chairman of The New York Times Company and Publisher of The New York Times.

For those who couldn’t make it, here’s a glimpse of some of the exhibits on display.

March 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Woow! The art works look amazing. The colors are just marvellous. The display makes it really curious too! So bad I did not go but then again you know its far! Haha

• Aicha
    March 15, 2017 at 7:48 pm

As Salam Alikum sister
    Wow that are is very nice thanks for sharing your post with us

• Meera
    March 16, 2017 at 5:42 am

I loved that Sujood sculpture and the black and gold calligraphy painting. MashaAllah, these are beautiful and very creative. 🙂

• UmmBilal
    March 16, 2017 at 10:07 am

Looks really pretty and like a lot of fun. Allah has gifted people with such talent. MashaAllah

• Farah Abdullah
    March 17, 2017 at 6:11 am

Wow. I’ve always been into art, having drawing and painting as my hobbies (dead hobbies) back then when I had more time for them. I’ve not really seen a lot of Islamic-themed artwork. These are really refreshing for me. And it makes me want to make something of my own, as a new Muslim into art.

• Aaliyah
    March 17, 2017 at 9:29 am

There are some great pieces of art there. It’s amazing what one can create.

• sainab
    March 17, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Wow, some of those artworks are just so stunning! ai love anything to do with art!

• Iman
    March 18, 2017 at 2:25 am

I love some of those pieces – they are absolutely stunning. So thought-provoking! I love the venue too – it’s gorgeous!

• Zainab Dokrat
    March 19, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Beautiful pieces!! (www.beautywithzainy.com and http://www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)