START Doha | Art for Tomorrow

I have always been inspired by art, and love seeing them, and spending time on them. So, when I got an invite to attend the VIP opening of START Doha at the W Hotel, I did not think twice before I said yes to attending the event. START is a partnership between Saatchi Gallery and Parallel Contemporary Art

Now, here’s one thing about art, and about people that is thought provoking. If art created by people has so much value, how much more value is a human being worth? Art works that don’t get different treatment whether the artist was an Arab, African, American, Indian, or French, art works that are admired regardless of the origin, don’t people deserve the same too? No one needs to be reminded of this in a┬áperfect world, but, the world isn’t perfect, and reminders are needed constantly in this direction.

Moving on to the Exhibition itself, it’s happening in the 29th floor of W Doha, and is on until today 9 pm. SO, make sure you go check it out.

“At its heart, Art for Tomorrow aims to explore how art and culture can act as a catalyst for growth, a mechanism for national branding, and a vital source of commercial and diplomatic power.” – Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr. , Chairman of The New York Times Company and Publisher of The New York Times.

For those who couldn’t make it, here’s a glimpse of some of the exhibits on display.

March 15, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Woow! The art works look amazing. The colors are just marvellous. The display makes it really curious too! So bad I did not go but then again you know its far! Haha

• Aicha
    March 15, 2017 at 7:48 pm

As Salam Alikum sister
    Wow that are is very nice thanks for sharing your post with us

• Meera
    March 16, 2017 at 5:42 am

I loved that Sujood sculpture and the black and gold calligraphy painting. MashaAllah, these are beautiful and very creative. ­čÖé

• UmmBilal
    March 16, 2017 at 10:07 am

Looks really pretty and like a lot of fun. Allah has gifted people with such talent. MashaAllah

• Farah Abdullah
    March 17, 2017 at 6:11 am

Wow. I’ve always been into art, having drawing and painting as my hobbies (dead hobbies) back then when I had more time for them. I’ve not really seen a lot of Islamic-themed artwork. These are really refreshing for me. And it makes me want to make something of my own, as a new Muslim into art.

• Aaliyah
    March 17, 2017 at 9:29 am

There are some great pieces of art there. It’s amazing what one can create.

• sainab
    March 17, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Wow, some of those artworks are just so stunning! ai love anything to do with art!

• Iman
    March 18, 2017 at 2:25 am

I love some of those pieces – they are absolutely stunning. So thought-provoking! I love the venue too – it’s gorgeous!

• Zainab Dokrat
    March 19, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Beautiful pieces!! (www.beautywithzainy.com and http://www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)

P A T T E R N S
Do you love patterns too?
This pic is exactly as I shot off the wall at the newly opened @timerakohotel at Al Wakrah.
So fascinated to see new places coming up and the rapid changes this country has been going through and growing through
#ihavethisthingwithwalls #ihavethisthingwithtiles #wallswallswalls #ihaveathingwithwalls #walls_talking #timehotelsandresorts #timehotels #alwakra #alwakrah #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #patterns #patterndesigns  #timerakohotel #fromwhereyoustand #islamicart #geometricart #geometry #visualcrush #postitfortheaesthetic #Visitqatar
A T T I T U D EBe humble enough to admit you are not perfect but determined enough to strive to be.
More often than not you can find people who deem themselves perfect or priveleged and make you feel like your hardwork and your skills are nothing( I have been made to feel like this several times). Dont let that get to you. Your talent, knowledge and skill that you have with you are more than money can ever buy. The people you need to admire and can most definitely learn a lot from are the humble and patient ones. . .
#skopje #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #flyawaysquad #macedoniatimeless #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces
#skopjecity #strumica #sudtirol_lovers #easterneurope #sightseeing #balkan #balkans #tetovo #february #forbestravelguide
G O O D  H E A L T H
I wish we all learn to appreciate the blessing  of good health much more than we take it for granted.
#qatarbloggers #Dohabloggers #muscat #muscatbloggers #omanbloggers #experienceoman  #muscat #beautifulplaces #tlpicks #traveltagged #travelblogger #travelandleisure #sheisnotlost #wearetravelgirls #femmetravel #ladiesgoneglobal #lifewelltravelled #beautifulmatters #beautifuldestinations #youmustsee #luxuryworldtraveler  #intercontinentalmuscat  #beautifulplaces #beautifuldestinations #travelphotography #ihghotels #dobiggerthings #darlingescapes #girlsthatwander
S P O I L T  F O R  C H O I C E
New cafe alert @cafecocome at Doha Festival City - first floor, next to H&M
Your stop for all things food. From your weekend breakfast to your coffee meetings, lunch cravings and dessert breaks, Cafe Coco can now be your happy stop any day, anytime.
#cafecocome
#dohafestivalcity #sharethelove #dohabloggers #qatarbloggers #beautifulcuisines #f52food #buzzfeedfood #foodography
M A T K A  C A N Y O N
One of the most scenic spots we went to in Macedonia and one I would love to go back again to.
The water was so chilly, the colors around so beautiful. What I love about nature is that it does not judge. It shows the same beauty to everyone around. Everyone gets the same service regardless of who they are.
Come rain or wind, it passes through everywhere with no exception. Isn't nature such a wonderful teacher?
Only if we took lessons from it! Whats the favorite lesson you have learnt from nature?
. ..
#skopje #visitmacedonia #macedonia #makedonija #makedonya #makedonia #skopjecity #qatarairways #europe #travelbrilliant #marriott #skopjemarriott #acolorstory #flyawaysquad #sheisnotlost #macedoniatimeless #traveltheworld #travelbrilliantly #qatarbloggers #dohabloggers #Macedonianplaces
#skopjecity #strumica #ohridcity #easterneurope #sightseeing #balkan #balkans #tetovo #february #forbestravelguide
V I S I O N
No matter how narrow minded we think a person can be, they can still see beauty if they really want to look for it. Beauty and Goodness is there in everyone just like faults. Why is it so easy to point out faults and not the good?
Can you go to sleep with a clean conscience having pointed out someone's fault? Or is the happiness through saying the right words that makes your day happy?
If so, before you write from behind the screen, before anger, jealousy or negative feelings take over your words, try and pause and choose the good words ­čĺč .
S N O R I N G & S L E E P  A P N E A ­čś┤­čś┤
I sat down with the ENT specialist Dr. Agish Mathew at Aster Hospital and one of the things I learnt was more on the problem of snoring in sleep. More than 75% of people who snore have┬áobstructive sleep apnea┬á(when breathing is disrupted during┬ásleep┬áfor short periods), which increases the risk of developing┬áheart disease.­čś▓­čś▓
At Aster Hospital they can provide the service of observing you and analysing your sleep patterns . More often than not a person who snores struggles to get enough oxygen into the brain while asleep and the person wakes up tired because the body works so hard while asleep­čśî to get enough oxygen into the brain.
For this reason, if anyone around you has a snoring problem, dont take it lightly.
The Aster Hospital in Qatar offers the service of studying sleeping disorders overnight and making sure to diagnose the cause of it and how to rectify it.
Did you know about this before?
Share it with everyone you know!
#AsterHospitalQatar #AsterQatar
@asterdmhqatar
#ad
M A L D I V E S
It almost felt like I wanted to take a fluffy piece of cloud and keep it for myself
#maldives #beachlife #luxelife #sunnysideoflife #thoughts #maldives #dhigali #dhigalimaldives #islandlife #success #dohabloggers #qatarbloggers #ilovetravel #lovetravel

Latest Memoir Entries